Human Tug

MAXTORQ

I bet that they have the door wide open to give room to chunk the chocks in...would hate to see the guy yanking on the rope to get run over if he fell or lost traction.

Speaking of run over, there was a photographer run over by the MLG of a Flying Tiger 747 at Rhein Main, whilst they were towing it off the runway due to a collapsed NLG.

I don't know what the bill was from Frankfurt Airport, but the 747 had one of the two runways closed for over 18 hours.

Funny how little things bring back memories.

I don't know what the bill was from Frankfurt Airport, but the 747 had one of the two runways closed for over 18 hours.

I got to do that once, came in with an unsafe nose gear and utility hydraulic failure so we landed on 25L (gear didn't collapse thank god) and we stopped and got out and walked around on one of the worlds busiest runways (and this was in the middle of the afternoon) - that was a unique experience to say the least.

BUT let me tell you there was some really highly paid people that were having cows (more like Brahma bulls) about that plane being there shutting down the runway:D

Dan

Speaking of run over, there was a photographer run over by the MLG of a Flying Tiger 747 at Rhein Main, whilst they were towing it off the runway due to a collapsed NLG.

Funny how little things bring back memories.

Tiny,

You're really dating yourself there! Here's the article from the 4/18/79 Stars & Stripes. No mention of the photographer being run over, although I remember reading about it in a later issue.

BTW, it was a Northwest Orient 747 & the runway was 25L

I don't throw anything away. Still have the article about the C-5 that landed on 07R on 8/29/79 with the nose gear retracted.

Don R.

Edited by DC10FE
spelling, of course!

I have had this picture for awhile now from the 130th AW out of West Virginia.

I think this screams hernia. Or could be our next stimulas package.

It looks to me like a typical TAC crew chief getting the job done on a MAC base.

Usually getting done, what can't be done, without......

Tiny,

You're really dating yourself there! Here's the article from the 4/18/79 Stars & Stripes. No mention of the photographer being run over, although I remember reading about it in a later issue.

BTW, it was a Northwest Orient 747 & the runway was 25L

I don't throw anything away. Still have the article about the C-5 that landed on 07R on 8/29/79 with the nose gear retracted.

Don R.

See how cloudy stuff gets after 30 years.