Anyone had the pleasure...

HighTide

Wayne, after I left CCK, I went to Dover to work on C-133's. I was a crew chief on one of those hogs for about 2 or 3 months in the fall and winter of 1970! I wouldn't fly on one of them because I was ---I guess I would call it chicken to! Every time I went to work in the morning, and boarded that acft. I felt like I was walking into a barn! I could have gone to Turkey on my plane once but backed out. Why fly on something that was having belly-bands installed for a one-time flight to the "boneyard"

I guess I should have gone as it made it over there and back!!!

You didn't miss anything,

Ken

Worked on those dogs in 1968 to late 1970 at Kadana in the 603rd. MASS.

Ihated them acft. They all ways had a book of write-ups. They were real dogs. I put back in for pope as soon as I could to get back to the herky`s

I get a sick felling when I see a picture of a C-133 .

Wayne, after I left CCK, I went to Dover to work on C-133's. I was a crew chief on one of those hogs for about 2 or 3 months in the fall and winter of 1970!

Ken I was stationed there then and was the safety superviser.

We may know each other.

Frank, I can't place your name right now, but I tried to keep a low profile! I kinda went hog-wild downtown (mostly at GG's) and Rehoboth Beach, and wasn't exactly the model Airman!!! I did get promoted to SSGT while there, but got out mostly due to having to work on those hogs!! Also, after being overseas (Naha & CCK), I just couldn't get used to all of the rules and regulations & alerts etc.

Some of my best friends were John Eggers, Terry Walden (my roomate) Rudy Rossen, Larry Hinch, and the rest of the names I can't remember right now!

Do you remember any of those guys? Also, we had two Chiefs in the squadron do you remember their names? Also a maint. officer that drove a Jaguar!

If you have any pics of those days at Dover, I would like to see them if possible.

Ken