Ilyushin II-76 - using up ALL of the runway

Fräulein

That's the result of using no TOLD data. They rotate at brick last. I've seen IL76 crews do some really, really dumb stuff without incident. It's quite a testimate to how well the airplane is built though.

Railrunner130 is right -- no TOLD data. The Il-76 is one of my favorite Soviet airplanes -- even flew in one once. If you take a close look at the landing gear, it looks like it was built by John Deere. The crews really abuse the airplanes and they just keep flying. Of course, a bottle of vodka is usually part of the catering -- seriously!

Check out these pics of an Il-76 that landed at Sharjah (I think).

Don R.

I went on a impromptu tour of one in Zagrabe during Provide Promise one time. Case after case of Vodka was stacked everywhere on both upper and lower flight decks. The russian crew was joking about how much they drank before flying. Especially before A/R's. Scared the Hell out of me.

No TOLD data and NO Load plan!!!

Stuffed on full of Water and MRE's!!! Had to be 10,000lbs overweight!!!! They just took off and that was that...same takeoff run thought we were goona "watch the crash".

The aircraft is so overengineered or (under)....

I went on a impromptu tour of one in Zagrabe during Provide Promise one time. Case after case of Vodka was stacked everywhere on both upper and lower flight decks. The russian crew was joking about how much they drank before flying. Especially before A/R's. Scared the Hell out of me.

Not to get side tracked ...

Fenmonster, when where you at Zegreb Croatia? 93, 94 time frame?

Not to get side tracked ...

Fenmonster, when where you at Zegreb Croatia? 93, 94 time frame?

I belive that it was in the march-may '93 time frame. I was TDY to Rhein Mein from Pope and was passing thru Zagreb picking up cargo for Sarajevo. Was there (Frankfurt) about 6 months that year.

WOW! Did they fix that or cut it up on the spot?

Railrunner130 is right -- no TOLD data. The Il-76 is one of my favorite Soviet airplanes -- even flew in one once. If you take a close look at the landing gear, it looks like it was built by John Deere. The crews really abuse the airplanes and they just keep flying. Of course, a bottle of vodka is usually part of the catering -- seriously!

Check out these pics of an Il-76 that landed at Sharjah (I think).

Don R.