Anti-skid issue

tinyclark

Thanks guys

As soon as I get home next week I will find the FE on the crew who wrote it up the last two times and see if I can get more info as to the conditions they experienced it under, and possibly talk to the pilots to see which pedals were experiencing the pulsing. I know when my crew had it back in Jan. both pilots said they felt it on both pedals.

I don't know how the troubleshooting is progressing this week with the ORI going on(that I'm lucky to not be around for). I guess Tiny Clark would have that info.

We really haven't seen it hands on either. I don't think it's an antiskid issue myself. I still wonder if there's a possibilty of rotor warp, but kind of hard to believe with multiple discs.

They don't want to taxi it to troubelshoot right now. I doubt they'll even think about it capping off one brake at a time. Maybe in an ideal world...

We really haven't seen it hands on either. I don't think it's an antiskid issue myself. I still wonder if there's a possibilty of rotor warp, but kind of hard to believe with multiple discs.

Tiny,

They do warp, but I've only seen them warp with any regularity after wearing the brakes where the indicator nut was worn into the housing. That was wearing the brakes kind of thin.

Supply wasn't too snappy in East Africa in the mid to late 90's while we were trying to feed the Somalians.

Oh yeah...another pretty good clue is having to use a bobtail, tiedown chains, a pallet J-bar to pry the wheel off the brake.

WLT

• 2 weeks later...