Aluminum prop nut?

keepemflying130

I have a prop nut that we took out of service due to it not being brass. None of us, even the ones who worked on a's, have seen one like it. I am not sure if it aluminum, titanium or what. It is very light. Also, splines that receive the sweeney stove pipe are only about a quarter inch long, instead of splines on the brass ones that extend the entire ID of the fwd end of the nut. Part number on the nut is: @(circled capital A) ISI 526559.

No biggie, just curious as to its alloy.

Steve

This p/n is no longer procureable... But if I needed it to get me home, I would sure use it. FEDLOG also states, "REQUISITIONS MAY CONTINUE TO BE SUBMITTED UNTIL STOCKS ARE EXHAUSTED."

The only other info I can find is that it does not contain any precious metals, and it was canceled in 1993.

must be t6 or such aluminum. I like it. Kids took it to school for show and tell. "This is what holds the propellers on the C 130 Hercules." quote. 1st grade. nice. By the way...they will stay in school, and not be maintainers..not bad, been great, but you always want better, know what I mean.