Looking for weight of outer wing

daystarkeith

Helo, I am in the process of dismantling a C130E which will be used as a trainer fuselage. I'm trying to determine what the outer wings weigh with the engines removed and all fuel drained/purged. Also have removed the external fuel tanks. I have read that the T56 Allison has a dry weight of 1940 lbs. Anyone know the weight of the engine including the nacelle and propeller?

Thank You very much. We pulled the first engine today and got along really good. I just wanted to make sure I had enough crance capacity for the wings. Sounds like we'll be just fine.

Got any tips on removing the vertical stabilizer? I think we've got it figured out but always looking for better ideas.

You need a crane with a capacity of 8,000 pounds. We have seen wing weights as high as 5500 pounds. What usually drove the weight up was foam, flap and aileron still being installed. Make sure you hit the condensate drains right before you take it down. Just a few gallons of fuel moving around will ruin your day.

In the C-130H-2-00GE-00-1, section 5, page number 5- 280.6 starts with the removal and installation procedures on the vertical stab. Also in the same section, page 5-284.2 show the same for the horizontal stab. Holler if you need anymore help.