Eng oil venting

dave96818

Definately check backpressure like Ronc said. Common culprits are the External Scavenge Oil Filter (some people like to damage the buttons so they don't pop), Fuel Heater/Strainer assembly, Oil Cooler, and possibly the #2 Bearing Labrynth Seal. I am sure there are more causes that I can't think of right off the top of my head, but it all depends on where the oil is venting through. You could just have a bad check valve and are overservicing the oil tank.

If it only vents on climbout, and the oil quantity stays steady at altitude and descent, I would suspect the Fuel Heater/Strainer assy since it has an altitude compensator inside of it. Since you already changed the pressurizing valve, the F/H/S is what I would go with if the backpressure test shows nothing.

hi, did you checked the light-house? Sometimes there is leak and you have a should have a coocked oil on it. You can test this if you connect the lighthouse press and if it variates more than 13in/Hg or the needle is going up and down.... this smeels like burned oil.

also did you checked the transfer tube in the turbine, if this is wet.... change it.

greetz BOb:rolleyes: