A Galley Question

Draino

I only worked on the "A,s" no galley.

What do you mean no galley on the A model? Have you for gotten the hot cup?

Cooked a lot of soup in them, had the crews asking me to share :).

Realy like to fix French Onion Soup in them. Made every one hungry.:(

I remember one time we went to a small island of the south of Korea...Chedo (sp)

and picked up some "brass" who had been there for a conferance yea right! Well the loadmaster "aquired" a pheasant all cleaned and defeathered and put it in the oven shortly after take-oof to Clark...by the time we got to Clark there was a great smell of cooked pheasant in the whole plane and after the downloading of pax and their baggage we sat on the open ramp and shared the great tasting "aquired" baked pheasant.

Oh for the good old days....{:-))

Muff

Oh, yea I for got that we now have the distaff as crew members.

Tell me what/where does the male loadmaster do when a lady crew member has to pee?

I can see it now....pull down curtain, remove flight suit, etc....does the first to use the honey bucket still have to dump it?

Muff

Oh, yea I for got that we now have the distaff as crew members.

Tell me what/where does the male loadmaster do when a lady crew member has to pee?

I can see it now....pull down curtain, remove flight suit, etc....does the first to use the honey bucket still have to dump it?

Muff

At Moody the girls used the urinal . It went like this: a couple of the girls used to cut the bottom end off a 2 liter bottle and put a small rubber hose around the jagged lip of the bottle, press up and use it that way. when finished it the bottle was poured out of the urinal. One told me there was no way the she was going to be the one to break the seal on the honey bucket!

Scoobie!

If you leave that cover over the galley "sink" anybody aside from Crewdogs and Maint folks won't have a clue and won't press to test. - It's up to you buddy, if it's a long haul, take care of your cargo/pax - if its just a short hop (not sure what "Fleet" is dragging out these days just let them know your time down at arrival ICAO. Once flew a "pile" of PAX for a 45min shuttle, never knew I'd get to see the launch pad for the shuttle. Headed down-range one of the PAX made it clear that she'd need the bucket. Trash mover that we were (spent all our time airdrop training) we'd either have the "modesty" curtian tied back or just clean of the overhead and stowed in a door container. History now - and it was a great break to find out one of the "PAX" was a LM so we had the curtian up in short order. After that, lets just leave it to crewdog parlance `cause it was pure amazing what a great lookin' gal "created" - kinda' like a tidal wave - had to improvise as there was no EP for this - dumped the bottle of that windex (mil version) into the bucket, tied a knot then double bagged that doober and put it in the cargo door - The Lord was on our side that day, the bag froze in short order. Still can't believe that stunning crew-lady churned out those toxins. I'll quit here - the story is "sanatized" cause there was way more drama to the day -

Fleagle

What do you mean no galley on the A model? Have you for gotten the hot cup?

Cooked a lot of soup in them, had the crews asking me to share :).

Realy like to fix French Onion Soup in them. Made every one hungry.:(

The only hot food we had was what we heated with the hand held signal light.

I worked/lived on both A's and E's, and I never saw either of their cooking facilities in use!!!

I think that was mostly because the longest flight we ever went on was from either Naha or CCK to Cam Rahn Bay, or Bangkok.

Now, I did do a little meal preparation on the MD-3!!!

I do remember drinking the left-over coffee on the E-Models. I guess they were plugged in somewhere in the galley???

I do remember the galley floor--especially from the bottom side!!!

Ken