Herk in upcoming A-Team movie

Fräulein

I don't think they even wounded anyone either.

I saw an interview many many moons ago. That was the only thing that kept them on the air the first season. Even without wounding anyone parents were complaining that it was too violent. So with no on getting hurt, they could say they're teaching a valuable lesson. Considering what else was on back then, it was more geared for kids.

Can't say too much though, I am slightly biased, I watched it all the time as a kid and even had all the action figures :D

On a side note, the boost pack switches are on, the guards are down. I'm curious how they got just about every light on in the flight deck.

Sorry, but the "A-Team" must have been the stupidest, lamest show I had ever watched on TV (and that IS saying something).Dan

This was my opinion as well. But I am willing to sit through however many minutes of a movie just to see a herk. Maybe just wait for it on DVD because you know that that scene has to be somewhere in the first part of the movie, because it appears to be an escape scene.

How do you fire a million rounds and not kill anything is beyond me:confused:

Dan

180px-Kill_it_with_fire_scorpio.gif

Sorry, but the "A-Team" must have been the stupidest, lamest show I had ever watched on TV (and that IS saying something).

How do you fire a million rounds and not kill anything is beyond me:confused:

Dan

Don't apologize. It's a close call between the A-Team and MacGyver. I'm almost ashamed to admit I watched both.

Everyone could use some mind numbing action movies now and again. No matter how ridiculous some of it is. As a kid I thought the A-team rocked. I would go see it for the Herk as well. I too am wondering how they got all the lights on, and I'm also wondering when Hannibal became an Irishman. :confused:

Speaking of Heks in Movies, I was watching the Unit today. At the end they had Top Sargeant picked up by a Herk using the balloon and whiskers arrangement. It was pretty cool. I understand there were only a few real pickups similar to this.

Wil

well actually over 100 live Surface To Air Recoveries (STAR) utilizing the Fulton Skyhook system that was on the C-130, B-17, and a couple Navy birds (don't remember the types right now too tired but by the morning I will) -- there was a different type system used in WWII

The Navy used P-2 aircraft(I think they were actually P-2Vs), and C-130s for the Coast Guard.

Fulton did a lot of test and research using his old gull-wing Stinson, with yokes mounted on the left wing. No live pick-ups with the Stinson, just "Cabbage-Patch" dolls.

Aircraft used for STARs.

P2V2 12 Aug 1958 1st live SSgt Woods USMC

P2V7

B2V-5F

B17 3 Jun 1962 Live (North Pole - Ice) Lt Leschack USNR

Live #107 SSgt Thrower 24 Aug 1966

This is as Mr. Fulton's records went. There were others after this date. I know of sum a Snake School. I personally have 5 live pick-ups. The last was a two man back during Flintlock 81 in Liberia. This was the last "successful" live. Unfortunately the next one attempted resulted in a fatality.

Speaking of Heks in Movies, I was watching the Unit today. At the end they had Top Sargeant picked up by a Herk using the balloon and whiskers arrangement. It was pretty cool. I understand there were only a few real pickups similar to this.

Wil

It was also used in the Batman movie.

There were only two "real" STAR's preformed in the movies that I know of. B-17 - "Thunderball" and MC-130E "The Green Berets". All the others are bits and parts or digitally implanted scenes. Next time you watch the one with "The Unit" the Herk changes into a C-123 and the Batman that all looks digital.

FYI -- I have the vidios from all the first live STAR's given to me by Mr Fulton :)

• 2 weeks later...

I saw an interview many many moons ago. That was the only thing that kept them on the air the first season. Even without wounding anyone parents were complaining that it was too violent. So with no on getting hurt, they could say they're teaching a valuable lesson. Considering what else was on back then, it was more geared for kids.

Can't say too much though, I am slightly biased, I watched it all the time as a kid and even had all the action figures :D

On a side note, the boost pack switches are on, the guards are down. I'm curious how they got just about every light on in the flight deck.

Do you happen to know which model this is? I was on a KC-130T and the overhead panel has some differences I didn't recognize ie. start buttons instead of switches and the panels in front of the throttles had a huge inticator instead of the instruments for each engine.