Fab patch info

Fryguy

I am looking for information on ordering new fab patch material. We are just about out of a HUGE roll of the stuff that we've had for years and nobody seems to have any of the info connected with it.

So any help with PN or NSN of the stuff you guys/gals have been using would be appreciated! Thanks

Fry

I also had the same problem ordering material. Never did find a part number but my T.O. says to use Irish Linen or Grade A cotton fabric. Any good aircraft textile supplier should be able to provide it. Transparent dope is used to apply it. I got the part number from the aviall catalogue.

You don't use either of these anymore. We changed the TO about 2 years ago to reflect new 3M precut tape patches. They are made from the same material that 3Ms Leading Edge tape is made from, so they are self adhesive and pre cut to allow for the proper overlap. They can be ordered in kits or individually for each location and are NSN listed.

Thanks for the input everyone. We are lookiing into getting a kit but it sure seems easier if we just had another huge roll of the self adhesive stuff, then we wouldn't have to replenish the kit or individually order patches seperately. Thanks again.

Yeah, we do to. I'm afraid after recently purchasing a 50 metre roll of fabric my engineers our still going to have to use their old fashioned hand skills to cover holes in the aircraft for the forseeable future. I'll avail them of the new technology when this runs out in about 10 years. Probably save my company several thousand dollars in the process.