C-130 Simulators

GACFaja

When I was in the 302nd at Peterson we used to go to Tampa, FL to

Reflectone, now known as CAE as previously mentioned. a great place with excellent instructors, great location.

We went their because it was so hard to get into the Military sims at the different locations, especially McChord.

http://www.cae.com/en/military/tampa.training.center.asp

73, Rex

Edited by herkfixer
add text

.Holy smoke!.How lucky were we in Trenton, CAF Base. We had a Herc Sim...............What a good feeling. After a day in the simulator, with air conditionning, ........after the instruction day, getting out of school. It was so warm outside!!..........oh ...yesss!!!!!...... We had a good instructor!! I think that in Canada the Herky is mostly a military A/C............But you guys have so many!!!.................you have a crew to remove the prop, a crew to remove the engine, a crew to install the engine, a crew to install a prop and a super dupper crew to run the engine........unless I'm mistakin'. In the years 70-80 it seems to be that way!!! If I am wrong.........feel free to let me know!!!............and it is not a blame.............................................John Boy

Tusker

You must be talking about the USMC...

A "CREW" for every job!!!

TOO BAD(or good) it was a "CREW" of 2 or 3..............

USAF on the other hand OH BOY!!!

Blew a Hyd line on Sunday before Memorial day in Tinker and the ONLY person in town was a "Senior Tech Sgt" (hope I got the rank right) and in a matter of minutes (less than 30) she made me a new line pressure tested to 8000PSI and sent on my way! Got a ride in one of those COOL "parts" trucks they have and I might have had a few "extra" parts in my bag when they dropped me off...

They (USAF) may have 352 squadrons that do maintenance but I never had one turn me down...even had one in Hawaii do some tin bending for me and just said "see you in the morning... aaa bra!!"

Well, your ACC EC-130 aircrews go to the simulator at McChord for refresher training, I believe; so that would be a place to start. But you better get your requests in early, probably too late even for next quarter: July - September. I believe that they have cancellations occassionally and "slots" open up on short notice. Your unit's aircrew training office should have a contact phone number.

Good morning!

We're trying to line up some simulator time for our engine troops here at DM. Little Rock's always full--does anyone know of any other sims we might be able to run folks through?

Thanks!

If you are sending engine troops then it probably doesn't matter which box you send them too as all the AF simulators can replicate the -7 or -15 numbers as can the folks in Tampa. That said, Dyess, Dobbins, and Minnesota are traditional -15 bases Little Rock, McChord, and Pope (I think the Sim is still there??) are traditional -7 bases. Tampa is expensive but worth it. If you are in touch with the folks at Little Rock - they can give you the numbers to the other boxes

Good Luck

If you are sending engine troops then it probably doesn't matter which box you send them too as all the AF simulators can replicate the -7 or -15 numbers as can the folks in Tampa. That said, Dyess, Dobbins, and Minnesota are traditional -15 bases Little Rock, McChord, and Pope (I think the Sim is still there??) are traditional -7 bases. Tampa is expensive but worth it. If you are in touch with the folks at Little Rock - they can give you the numbers to the other boxes

Good Luck

The sim that was at Pope is now the AMP sim at Little Rock. All of the E-sims here can change to -15 engines.