Need something to make this thing work.

Mt.crewchief

I was recently looking at some of my old Air Force memorabilia, and ran across this handy item that somehow moved from my mesh survival vest to my personal belongings. I acquired it while flying Blind Bat missions at Ubon in 1968! I know most of you guys know what it is, but what I really need to know is if any of you know where I can find the other components to make this work!!! It seems I used them all up one New Years Eve. at a friends apartment just outside the back gate at Naha. Are they still in use?

Thanks for your replies,

Ken

I was recently looking at some of my old Air Force memorabilia, and ran across this handy item that somehow moved from my mesh survival vest to my personal belongings. I acquired it while flying Blind Bat missions at Ubon in 1968! I know most of you guys know what it is, but what I really need to know is if any of you know where I can find the other components to make this work!!! It seems I used them all up one New Years Eve. at a friends apartment just outside the back gate at Naha. Are they still in use?

Thanks for your replies,

Ken

They were as of my refresher course in '99.

Heres one, but you can only buy a single flare and its fifty bucks:eek:

http://www.ammo-one.com/Gyrojets.html

There is a complete setup on gunbroker and I think the guys reserve is around 150 bucks or so.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=164302088

Best bet is to get someone to steal some for you:rolleyes:

Dan

Thanks Dan,

Mine is different from the gyrojet as mine has threads and you just screwed them in and cocked and fired! I think they also had a primer that looked almost like an ordinary primer!

The flares were in a cardboard box and it seemed each box had the color marked on it!

The Okinawan guards at the back gate went nuts trying to figure out where they were coming from! I wish I would have saved a few!!!

Do you suppose there are some "stealable" ones out there???? hint hint!

Ken

• 1 month later...