KC outer wing

arrad

Hi....

Because I have limited information about outer wing. Is it possible to change outer wing to KC (Tanker) aircraft actually it's a B-type aircraft with H-type outer wing due to retrofit program? Is there other KC-130 aircraft beside the B-type?:confused:

If it is a retrofit outer wing, most likely the structure exists to add the fittings for the refuel pod. The trailing edge rib at that location will have to be changed or modified to accomodate the plumbing. (Fuel and Hydraulic). Additional plumbing changes and valve additions will have to be added, but the major structural modifications that would have to be done to the B outer wing should not be required.

Maybe I didn't understand the question. Did you have an aircraft that is a tanker (B model) that you want to install later H model outer wings on or do you have a slick B model that has new outer wings and you would like to add HARM to this aircraft. The outer wing replacements were different for tankers and non tankers and only if it already was a tanker was a full up tanker outer wing installed. It was its own dash numbered installation. With that said. If it already was a tanker, it would have come with all of the fittings required to hang the pods and the fuel system would be properly configured and the plumbing would have been transferred over. If it was not a tanker then you would need to do what I posted earlier.