ARS or SEA bins questions

squirrells

I am currently at Moody AFB and have been instructed to have all of our bins (including overhead bins) ready for reconfiguration. We are having sheetmetal come in and fix cracks and try to make new nets for the front. my question is does anyone have any specific guidance on the repair of these bins or by chance pictures of these bins installed? im trying to get these back to like new condition any help is appreciated.

Years ago, when I was stationed at Woodbridge, we would periodically struggle with these bins. The netting straps would rip, the fiberglass liners would crack, the net fasteners would break off and the loadmasters wouldn't be satisfied with the security of the nets. We even tried metal doors, but the P.J.'s didn't like those because some of their gear would protrude from the opening and the doors wouldn't close. Eventually we ordered new liners and had new, orange mesh nets made for the openings during our refurbs at Rhein Main.

Good luck, it can be a big project and as soon as your complete and everyone is satisfied, they'll mod the planes and want them removed....

Im used to putting them on and having to pull them off a week later. We had a OI come down that we were no longer using them. I was ready with paperwork in hand to have them shipped off and out of my hair until about a week ago when I was told to prep them for reinstall. they have been sitting under a overhang for about a year now so this will be very interesting.

I am currently at Moody AFB and have been instructed to have all of our bins (including overhead bins) ready for reconfiguration. We are having sheetmetal come in and fix cracks and try to make new nets for the front. my question is does anyone have any specific guidance on the repair of these bins or by chance pictures of these bins installed? im trying to get these back to like new condition any help is appreciated.

I thought we just removed those pretty much permanently. A new commander, a new idea??

Go see Luis over in the AFETS office, ISO dock, and put him to work on it. He can get to the drawings if they are in the T.O.s.

He just got to go to the Engine/Prop conferenece, so he needs something productive to do...