The little things.

Plaprad

I was reading Maxtorq's response about the care his units planes gets, and I got to thinking. What are the little things you did to your planes to set them apart and show pride?

When I was on 1563 we always washed the windows and swept the cargo box out everyday before we left. We also stayed over somedays till it got dark with a couple paint pens to get rid of the bleed through on the panels.

On 1582 in the desert, while she was down for HSC I got some paint pens to touch up the flight deck. I meant to paint the throttle knobs red, but the red on the cap and the red it dried into were two different things.

Those little things can add up, and can be contagious (sp?); nothing like a little competition to encourage others to try look as good as yours. The light leaks can really cause distractions for flight crews, but some even touch up the non-lighted panels and structure for a really cleaned up and sharp flight deck. The flight crews may not always remember to compliment the crew chief and maintenance for that extra effort, but they usually do notice it, and they do appreciate it. It could also save lives.....

The flight crews may not always remember to compliment the crew chief and maintenance for that extra effort, but they usually do notice it, and they do appreciate it. It could also save lives.....

I still have a letter written by a full bird flying my plane saying how well she was maintained. I'd like to frame it at some point, I'm more proud of that than just about anything else I got in my seven years in.

Hey!

There was nothing better than stepping to an aircraft that was in good order. Yup! I noticed it and later days I carried the "line" I'd gotten from my instructors: "There are trend-setters and there are [_______ ______] I'll let Ya fill in the blanks. You bettcha' it was noticed, at sign in when we'd see the tail # you knew what to expect from the DCC of that aircraft. Tango Mike for the hard work!

Fleagle

Hey!

There was nothing better than stepping to an aircraft that was in good order. Yup! I noticed it and later days I carried the "line" I'd gotten from my instructors: "There are trend-setters and there are [_______ ______] I'll let Ya fill in the blanks. You bettcha' it was noticed, at sign in when we'd see the tail # you knew what to expect from the DCC of that aircraft. Tango Mike for the hard work!

Fleagle

I have posted this before , but this is the kind of little things that made my day in Vietnam!

Other than the Acft. number being wrong, (should be 62-1804), Capt. Bandsuch told other crews, and pretty soon they all treated me like I could be trusted!!!

Ken