Did I say I was Moving?

Dan Wilson

Any ghost find you in there yet?

I like big old houses like that.

Hopefully not, but it could barely be worse than the house here in Crestview for strange stuff but then again this house has been there since 1868.

We just sent in the closing papers about three weeks ago and the closing was official on the 30th of last month. The move is going to really suck (but don't they all) but am really excited to get started on the place, lake effect snow here I come:eek:character0053.gif

This is a shot from the back of the property, the red brick building is my 10x15 smoke house anim_coffee.gif

100_7202-1.jpg

Well I don't know about the Bates Motel, the smoke house puts me more in mind of "Farmer Vincents Smoked Meats" if you know what I mean:rolleyes:

NW Indiana (Monterey IN), about 100 miles SE of Chicago so yep, its going to get a little chilly I think but hey - no hurricanes!!

I think its been vacant for a couple of decades, I paid less for the whole deal than the Historical Foundation did to put a new roof on the place - you cant beat that.

I was looking for a few hundred acres in the middle of nowhere OR a place in a small town, heck this place don't even qualify as a town, its a tiny farming village with 230 folks and as far as I can tell talking to them not a liberal among them;)

its a tiny farming village with 230 folks and as far as I can tell talking to them not a liberal among them;)

Dan, the way things are here in Northern Indiana you'll be tagged as "that liberal from Florida". Last "Indiana Liberal" I met was somewhere just to the right of Gengis Khan.

Seriously, looks like it will be fun and you can always run up to Great Lakes for a major commisary, etc run (closer to that than you are to Wright Patt).

Yep, a well armed liberal with common sense and a desire to kill:D I actually like to model myself after my favorite liberal, Count VladIII Dracula impailed.gif Hes a really swell fella

Better yet, I am only a couple hours south of Zak (shadoif), we can get together and do some crimes and stuff:cool:

I wasn't sure how to respond to this when you first posted. It could've gone either way...

That place has a TON of potential. That new roof is a great start. Unfortunately, as you well know it'll cost a TON to fix it up. That should be a very interesting project.

I am envious of the smoke house though...

This is my future bedroom, its the big attic room and its 15 x 30:eek:

It will be nothing to laminate some 2x4's and rework the truss system so that it goes to the outside edge of the room instead of sticking strait down.

The other two attic rooms are 15 x 20 and 16 x 16

100_7353.jpg

do you mean to tell us that you drive a Dodge pick up!!.....

Nope

100_3722.jpg

I see some ORBS in that attic

Well I didn't get too bad of a creeps feeling in the house but its still quite possible, but I dont think it will ever be quite as bad as things are at my house here in Florida:eek:

Good luck with your move and restoration!!

Many thanks for the good wishes:)

If it anything like in MI - then you might want to look into becoming friends with people in any sort of historical society. There are many things on the farmhouse at the in-laws that need serious repair, but they have to go through a million hoops to stay in "code" that applies to farmhouses/homes older than 100 years.

Thats an easy one since I bought the house from the Indiana Historical Foundation, the only covenants I have is to maintain the exterior in its original style and if I want to change anything (on the exterior of the house) I have to get approval and the guys I have dealt with already give me the impression that it shouldn't be to hard. Pretty good folks.

Thats an easy one since I bought the house from the Indiana Historical Foundation, the only covenants I have is to maintain the exterior in its original style and if I want to change anything (on the exterior of the house) I have to get approval and the guys I have dealt with already give me the impression that it shouldn't be to hard. Pretty good folks.

Score.

But!!!! what about the windows!!!!! Here, up north, we need good windows and insulations. We do not care about Tornados!!!..But of course, Dan could always use his super dupper F-250 cab. ......By the way....is it diesel engine!!!........Cheers!!!!.............John Boy