AF 2011

bobdaley

I'm AD at Pope and we can barely get any hours as it is. Can't imagine losing 4 more planes considering one of our 16 has been out at Edwards for the AMP deal forever and we always have one at depot. Don't know how many more years the AMP bird will be out there. These things never fly due to maintenance as it is. We are trying a 3 turn 3 and are lucky if half of the planes fly each day.

I don't believe you guys lost a plane to AMP, unless you just didn't get as many as you had in Wis. AMP testing is finished at Edwards, which only lasted 3 years (not quite forever, although it seemed like it), and all three planes will be at Little Rock for awhile. I suppose you are expecting to have 89-9101? This airplane came from Maxwell, who got it from one of the units in Ohio. The other two came from Louisville & Charleston, WV. I think Pope is supposed to get AMP 1 (9101), last I heard.

I don't believe you guys lost a plane to AMP, unless you just didn't get as many as you had in Wis. AMP testing is finished at Edwards, which only lasted 3 years (not quite forever), and all three planes will be at Little Rock for awhile. I suppose you are expecting to have 89-9101? This airplane came from Maxwell, who got it from one of the units in Ohio. The other two came from Louisville & Charleston, WV. I think Pope is supposed to get AMP 1 (9101), last I heard.

Not sure. All I know is we are supposed to have 16 planes and only have 15 due to the AMP bird being at CA. At least that's what the commander of the 95th said.

What you said makes sense though. I'm A/D so I'm not sure how the reserves are working their planes.

I heard 16 also,8 from Pittsburgh 86-0410, 11, 12 13, 14, 15, 18, 19 and 8 from Milwaukee

87-9282, 88-4401, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07

But the active duty 2 AS permanently parked 86-0412 in the desert.

Pope was supposed to have received 87-9284 from Dobbins as a replacement for 412 after PDM, don't know if they got it yet?

The AMP thing has to do with 86-0413. Maxwell which owned 89-9101 which they had earlier traded from Youngstown, gave up 9101 for AMP. AFRC moved 86-0413 to Maxwell to replace 9101. Wheher 0413 stays at Maxwell or comes back to Pope? Last I heard 9101 is going to AR ANG.

Bob

My view is the active duty air force intends to gut Guard/Reserve flying units. After reading this thread am more convinced. Example...the VA ANG's 192 FW. Used to be a highly compenent unit based at Richmond Int. Airport with thier own aircraft, ramp, facilities ect. When was the last time anyone saw a fighter with the 192nd fin flash? Currently the unit's personnel are pretty much integerated with the 1st FW at Langley. May be a 192nd pilot in the seat and a 192nd crew chief launching him but the fin flash is FF.

Edited by larry myers
Change Langley fin flash to FF

I heard 16 also,8 from Pittsburgh 86-0410, 11, 12 13, 14, 15, 18, 19 and 8 from Milwaukee

87-9282, 88-4401, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07

But the active duty 2 AS permanently parked 86-0412 in the desert.

Pope was supposed to have received 87-9284 from Dobbins as a replacement for 412 after PDM, don't know if they got it yet?

The AMP thing has to do with 86-0413. Maxwell which owned 89-9101 which they had earlier traded from Youngstown, gave up 9101 for AMP. AFRC moved 86-0413 to Maxwell to replace 9101. Wheher 0413 stays at Maxwell or comes back to Pope? Last I heard 9101 is going to AR ANG.

Bob

We have 9284. We finally get a trip off station for today and 284 canceled that for us. Broke all the time. It might as well not even be here.