Pilot and Scanner Seat

CCebelak

I have been having a lot of bad luck on P/N lately. Anyone have some good P/N that will be in Fed Log, Web flis, Or iso parts, for A Pilot seat and Scanner Seat for MC-130P tail 69-5826. Oh ya, by the way, I got p# 665-501 for the pilot seat and 368286-9 and 368286-11 for the scanner seat. All p# no good for some reason. Thanx all.

What year did they start with the bed in the flight deck?

On the "A",s all we had was a streacher behind the 245 when I got out in Nov 66.

I was at Don Maung a couple of months right before I got out and we worked on any 130 that stopped there on the Bangkok Shuttle and I didn't see any bunks there either.

What year did they start with the bed in the flight deck?

On the "A",s all we had was a streacher behind the 245 when I got out in Nov 66.

I was at Don Maung a couple of months right before I got out and we worked on any 130 that stopped there on the Bangkok Shuttle and I didn't see any bunks there either.

I don't remember seeing you at Don Maung, but then again, I was only 11.

All the E models had the upper and lower bunks on the flight deck, I think the B models did too.

While I worked on E-Models at CCK, I know for sure they all had the upper and lower bunks.

Does anyone have a pic of the A-Model flight deck? I swear there was a bunk on the ones at Naha (67-69)!! Then again, I might not remember what I think I remember!!!

Ken

Most likely I was about the same size as you back then. We worked hard and we partied even harder.

I remember going to the food place at the airport overlooking the TARMAC, getting burgers and stuff, and seeing the caskets being loaded on the C141s. Quite a sobering sight when you are that young. That's the only memory I have of the base, except for the shot clinic.

I almost fell down the stairs after getting a GG shot.

None of the "A,s" I worked on had the bunks and for a "Galley" we had 2 Thermos Jugs on top of the electrical panel next to the ladder to the escspe hatch.

We used the hand held signal light to heat food if we wanted it hot.

After hearing of all the luxeries on the newer models I am surprized we didn't have to have a line of CC,s to hand pull the props to start the engines.

We did have to windmill when we were in country and a starter broke so we could leave.

I still don't know where the FE kept the starter plates and Generator plates.

• 2 weeks later...

While I worked on E-Models at CCK, I know for sure they all had the upper and lower bunks.

Does anyone have a pic of the A-Model flight deck? I swear there was a bunk on the ones at Naha (67-69)!! Then again, I might not remember what I think I remember!!!

Ken

The A model had the main circuit breaker panel across the 245 BH. There was no place for a bunk.