Menu

tinyclark

You musta been a rich kid. Or... my dad was bull$h!tting us.

Well, I certainly wouldn't describe us as rich! My Dad drove a city bus and Mom clerked at a Department store. I had two older brothers and my folks did own the small two bedroom house the five of us lived in.

I don't remember us ever really suffering, but I never thought us rich.

When I say many times, that's many times over many years. No we weren't in a position to be shopping and lunching every weekend.

I remember the counter sit-in protest at Woolworths here in Charleston, SC during the 60's. Those young men were really brave to stand up for there rights.

Do you remember the riots of Orange burg and Charleston in about 67, or 68?

They called some of the upstate National Guard Units.

Well, I certainly wouldn't describe us as rich! My Dad drove a city bus and Mom clerked at a Department store. I had two older brothers and my folks did own the small two bedroom house the five of us lived in.

I don't remember us ever really suffering, but I never thought us rich.

When I say many times, that's many times over many years. No we weren't in a position to be shopping and lunching every weekend.

I'm just busting your chops. Back in the day, SSgts didn't make that much, and my dad would find any way he could to save money, which he usually spent on us kids. Those cross-country trips were murder though. 3 kids in the back seat, with a dog, driving through the mojave desert with no A/C. Wake up at 6 to get going, drive until it was dark.

But, even with all that, there are some good and lasting memories.

I remember the counter sit-in protest at Woolworths here in Charleston, SC during the 60's. Those young men were really brave to stand up for there rights.

I also Remember the counter sit-in we had at Woolworths in Chattanooga, Tn.