What a lousey year

Dan Wilson

Have you even had one of those years where it just didn't pay to crawl out of the coffin and you should have just pulled the graveyard dirt back over you instead?

Last Nov a good buddy's wife lost the fight with Cancer so I spent a lot of time helping him get through that one (and still am)

Last Nov I lost an Uncle to Cancer

Last Dec I lost an Uncle to Cancer

Last Feb Shawn Kovach took his final flight

Last March I had a cousin get murdered (and no, I didn't do it)

The end of May I got a phone call that my Grandmother In Phoenix had about two weeks to live, the cause? You guessed it, The big C (that's where I have been the last two weeks).

While we are dealing with Gram getter her ready to go, her "boyfriend" (or whatever the hell you call it) that has been with her since just after my grandfather died back in 70, done woke up dead last week.

Then we had to shag butt back here because my Daughters surgery went bad and all the lingering problems that entails (seems like all her bits are in the wrong places and somethings beating up her liver and tearing up her bile ducts or something), so now we got to work with the girl (paying her bills since she hasn't been able to work in the last couple of months) and didn't get to hang out long enough to see my grandmother off through the sunset.

On the way back this morning we stopped off in Midwest city to visit Clifford and June (some old neighbors) and she's not going to last another month because (bet you couldn't guess this one) Cancer.

And there actually are two or three other deaths that I just cant pull out of my zombie brain at this time (just pulled into the house coming back from Phoenix a couple of hours ago).

Lost two old family pets and just a whole snowpile of stuff, and I could swear its all because of my move this (now next) month to Indiana, everytime we move its a disaster but I wouldn't even know what you would call the last year - geez oh pete, all I can say is Himmel Gott, I am glad this is the last move, I dont think western civilization would survive if I attempted to move again!!

But I did find out I still aint too old to drive straight through from FL to Phoenix with only food and fuel stops (1768 miles) and drive nonstop back 2100 miles, the Northern Route, not quite as much Texas), but then again, issued Narcotics and Amphetamines helped out quite a bit on that one.:D

Another good side is for a nominal fee, you can send that money grubbing Ex-Wife to hang out with me for a month or so and maybe your problems will fix themselves:rolleyes:

Damn. I've been depressed about not having a job, and not being able to find one. But ...Here's to hoping things get better for you.

Regarding this nominal fee..How much is this nominal fee and can I make substitutions like say a two faced lying boss? (as I am unemployed and have no ex)

My thoughts are with you Dan.

I lost both of my parents and my little brother to cancer (my brother already was in a home due to MS and a stroke). No matter how "ready" you are for it, it still sucks.

Just filed for the "Big B" last week and the associated crap that goes with it is a real downer.

Yep the year is off to a fine, stumbling, start!

Dan I don't know if I could do one of those marathon trips like we used to do when we PCSd, too many sore places that didn't exist back then.

It took a day to get my thoughts together about Dan's post. When I came back there were more posts about the year.

Folks,

I've been around this board for a few years now and by and large the majority of folks on this board are the people I would want around me when facing adversity and loss.

Why? I know everyone here will fight as long as they can and afterwards will continue look to the future instead of being overcome by the past.

There is nothing I can say to help. But, remember whoever comes to this board comes away a better person for having been touched by the stalwart regulars of this board.

With the greatest respect,

Eric

aka Jetcal1