Blue Angels

NATOPS1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Do they use it for all the C-130T's or just the Blue angels bird?

Bob

They will have the standard NATOPS for the C-130T, then will have STANDNOTES that cover their mission.

It will be "Navy" too. There really isn't anything "Marine Corps" when it comes to manuals, It is an NATOPS isn't, not MATOPS?

Any current or former Blue Angels on today?

Wondering what version of the NATOPS you use.. Navy or Marine version .. I say MARINE KC-130T. Question is is it the same as the fleet or with specifics for your mission....

Thanks

NATOPS for C-130T... With STANDNOTES for their mission. It would be Navy as it is NATOPS, not MATOPS. There isn't any Marine Corps manuals. They are all Navy based. There could also be a NATOPS Supplement as well, but that usually only applies to commands who operate a derivative aircraft IE P-3C versus a EP-3E... The EP-3E would have a supplement covering the mission gear that a P-3C doesn't have.

I didn't realize it until I found an old slide, but back in the early 70s the Blue Angels C-130 wasn't blue, it was white! I was at Albany NAS, GA on a C-5 static display in early 1973 and took several slides. One shows the Marine C-130 in the background. They weren't calling it Fat Albert yet, either. That name belonged to the C-5A at that time.