Cam Rahn Bay 1965-66 Avionics

rdeitel

I am looking for someone that served at Cam Rahn Bay 1965-66 C130 Avionics. I am helping someone (Delvin Dean Kohn) with a VA claim and need info to establish he was in Vietnam. He said he also worked on C141s. If you remember this man send me a PM. Thanks

I went through the same thing. There was no record of my service in Vietnam. Thankfully I saved my entire file including my flight records and gave them copies of my DFC and Air Medal citations. That did the trick. However, I seem to recall there was some records file fire in Colorado that was the blame for me not having a file "on file". Good luck, I was there 67-68 out of CCK on C-130E and don't remember meeting Devin.

I was avoinocs (Nav/Radar) and made 2 trips to Cam Rahn Bay a one to Tan Son Nhut in 1968 and 1969. I was lucky and kept copies of all my orders, travel vouchers, flight records, etc., and made a complete copy of my medical records (myself) when I retired and it paid off when I went to file a VA Claim. I know many that didn't keep a thing and it is hurting them now. That should be a warning to all the young troops in the military now. Keep copies of everything you can get your hands on.

• 1 month later...

I am looking for someone that served at Cam Rahn Bay 1965-66 C130 Avionics. I am helping someone (Delvin Dean Kohn) with a VA claim and need info to establish he was in Vietnam. He said he also worked on C141s. If you remember this man send me a PM. Thanks

If he worked on C-141s, he would have been from MAC. MAC also had C-130Es that came through Cam Ranh Bay and they had their own maintenance people. My understanding was that they were there PCS, which would mean it should be on his records. MAC aircraft operated in and out from the US. PACAF C-130s operated in South Vietnam and were TDY from Naha and Tachikawa during that time period. MAC and PACAF were two entirely different worlds.