Com-Cords MC-130

could not dup

Hello everyone, I have a question. Who's making your com-cords? We have MC-130 with that Noise reduction system. (no one is using) so my com-cords are a bit harder to make. Is anyone buying pre made one? or getting them straight from a vendor?

I've been able to buys some that don't have the noise reduction connector installed. But since we have the system I'm trying to make sure we the capability to use the noise reduction if needed.

If you don't know what I'm referring to when i say noise reduction, it's got an extra plug part at the end of the ics cord, which is power for the noise reduction system./ this option s used with special headsets.- like bowes noise canceling ones.

My issues is where already short handed, and it takes most of a day to build just one, if where lucky maybe two a day. that's a lot of time to make cords. pulse- in the past a couple of my guys really didn't focus on quality control, so their cords failed. (waste of time).

I'm looking to see what others are doing for this issue. I know other bases must have this same problem.

thank you

Ah yes. The famous ANR cords. I do believe that you are talking about those on the T2.

Way back when, we too, also had to make our own cords or repair the ones that were thrown out of the swing window during tow's and they would always forget about those turns..... definitely tests the breaking strength of what will snap first- the cord itself or the connector being yanked off.

No doubt about it, they suck. But from memory, if we were to order brand spanking new cords by NSN, not only were they pretty expensive, but I think that they were XF3 red tag DIFM.

So , basically, it sucks not to have a good cord and it sucks to have to work on them. This was always one of those jobs that we could do because nobody wanted to, and when it was cold outside (Mildenhall) you knew you would always have a warm chair to sit in while everyone was freezing their toes off.

http://astrocom-electronics.com/Switches/Model-11085/flypage.tpl.html

Yeah they suck, but sometimes that just goes with the job.

Good luck and keep the 3 levels trained on them....but with proper supervision.

Bob

Definately get in touch with astro comm. In early 2001 I was able to local purchase 2 cords for testing on the T-1 but they got lost in the mix of cords. They should be able to dig up the old proposal and update the prices. At the time they quoted the 75 ft cord cheaper than we could make it. The idea also got shot down by AFSOC A4 but its been long enough that you might be able to get the idea thru them. I tried looking up the IDEA I submitted but didn't have any luck.