Hub Mounting Bulkhead Assy.

tenten

Removal and replacement is done per 3H1-18-2. Balancing is also covered in this book.

3H1-18-3 shows overhaul.

I'm not sure if this helps. The job guide does refer to the -3.

TO 1C-130H-2-61JG-10-1

2-1-3. REMOVE FRONT SPINNER.

Mech

A,B Remove front spinner (5) as follows:

NOTE The hub-mounting bulkhead retaining ring should

be inspected per TO 3H1-18-3, Section 4-2 if it does

not properly retract.

a. Retract hub mounting bulkhead (1) by turning

step adjusting screw (4) counterclockwise until

snap ring brackets (2,3) butt up against each

other.

b. Remove front spinner (5). Either HS8641

mechanical puller or rubber mallet may be

used to aid removal.

Tiny, indeed I appreciate your help, and thanks for all book references.

And to make things more clear maybe I have to say it this way; A week ago one side of the “Snap Ring Bracket†of the Hub Mounting Bulkhead is broken duo to over-torque, we managed to remove the front spinner by the puller, for the next step we were having two decisions/options:-

1- The first option is to change the whole prop assembly, based on the idea that “the effected item†is one part of a balanced prop and it cannot be changed alone without having the authority, and the balancing tools/equipments; (which we don’t have).

2- The second option (the creative), they believe that the effected item can be replaced alone based on the following:-

a- The authority is TM 382C-2-10 (sec 1 Page 2) stated that.. Quoting:-

Note

The hub mounting bulkhead and de-icer contact range holder assemblies are no longer considered part of the propeller assembly. Each is now an end item for supply purposes. This manual will continue to cover these items as part of the propeller assembly for practical reasons.

b- The effected item is available(!!!) in our spare part under Part No. 554636, while the balancing issue (which we don’t have the tools to do it) can be solved by replacing the balancing weights from the defective to the new at the same locations!?

Anyhow the more safe option was selected; job C/Out, aircraft on the air.

Maybe the point I should mention that “we†as a second line our authority is limited only to assemble a balanced propeller in addition to removal, installation..etc.

By the way “the third line maintenance†in my universe is 3,000 km northwest of the second line.:confused:

Tiny, apologize been not clear on my post, blame it on the lack of experience and language. tenten

Hey, Tiny. Still as usual “greatâ€â€¦To be an avionic guy and to do your best on giving help.

Maybe if I post my case in “Greek†prop guys will respond.

Bischoffm, thanks a lot.

Private message received-replied to your message submitted twice-confirm receiving-system or "me" at fault. :confused:

Tenten,

The answers to your questions are as follows:

Question 1 - Is the Mounting Bulkhead Assembly replaceable?

Answer - The assembly is not a line replaceable unit. Replacement requires propeller be removal and disassembly in order to replace it.

Question 2 - Does propeller require balancing after Mounting Bulkhead Assembly replacement?

Answer - If you are "statically" balancing your propellers you should refer to the propeller overhaul records and utilize the provided balance sheet to ensure that the balance bolts and washers are installed in the correct balance hole positions on the bulkhead assembly when transferring from the old Mounting Bulkhead Assembly to the new Mounting Bulkhead Assembly. If you are dynamically balancing your propellers you will transfer balance plates from the positions on the old Mounting Bulkhead Assembly to the new Mounting Bulkhead Assembly. It is recommended that all propellers be dynamically balanced after installation of propeller onto the engine.

Technical References are dependent upon whether you are maintaining your aircraft using Military Manuals or Commercial/LFE Manuals. The Military Manuals are as follows:

1C-130H-2-61JG-10-1 - Contains propeller removal and installation procedures and propeller dynamic balancing procedures.

3H1-18-2 - Contains the propeller intermediate/shop level repair procedures.

3H1-18-3 - Contains the propeller overhaul/depot level repair procedures.

3H!-18-4 - Contains the propeller Illustrated Part Breakdown/Manual.

I hope this helps answer your question and have a good day!