C-130 Crew Losses

SamMcGowan

Is the C-130 crew loss list still available? It was on the old Hercules Headquarters site. I'm trying to find the names of the three enlisted men who died on a B-model that crashed in Vietnam in 1967. Jerry Bennet was the aircraft commander. Allegedly, the engineer was trapped in his seat and the two loadmasters went back in the airplane with the intention of chopping his leg off with the crash ax and the airplane blew up. Jerry tells me that he doesn't remember the exact details of what happened until he woke up in the hospital.

Sam

That was 58-0722 at Bao Loc 16 Apr 1967. The crew losses were

SSgt David Glover, SSgt Donald Kannell, A1C David Chaney.

That was also the story I heard

Bob

Edited by bobdaley

I do not have the listing. If some does, I would love to add it to the Wiki.

Casey I have kept the lists updated and corrected, I thought I sent them to you but I'll do it right now.

I'll send you the SEA aircraft losses( all Services), SEA Crew losses( All Services), The all time USAF Aircrew Losses and The all time combined AF, N, CG and MC aircrew losses.

Bob

Edited by bobdaley

Here's 3 enlisted SSGT David Glover,SSGT Donald Kannel,A1C David Chaney! Lars says crashed attempting go around,list with names just says landing,Bao loc,SVN

Not sure. There were at least three B-models lost in accidents in 1967. If the only losses were enlisted, then that is probably the one. I may still have the file on my desktop. Bob Daley compiled the list and it was on Hercules Headquarters.

It doesn't. I had already found that. It doesn't have the list of names, which is what I want. I thought I might have it on my desktop but can't find it. Bob Daley compiled the list several years ago and posted it on Scott's old site. I thought it was linked to this one but apparently not.

Sam

I sent the lists yesterday to Casey. Hedjhopper had it right.

The B model losses in 67: 60-0307 at Tay Ninh 17 Feb No crew Losses

58-0722 at Bao Loc 16 Apr FE and 2 LM"s killed

58-0737 near TSN 9 Jun All 6 Killed

60-0293 At An Khe 17 Jun No crew Losses

61-2649 near Hue 8 Oct All 5 Killed

Bob