Don't Ask, Don't Tell--Was the Pentagon survey misread?

J. P. Morgan

I feel every current and ex-military member's opinion concerning the current move to abolish Don't Ask, Don't Tell should be heard. From what I have seen in the MSM lately, ninety percent of the current military say its fine by them to revoke DADT. However, a retired Navy Chaplin took a closer look at the survey and came up with a different take on the survey. I have posted it on my blog, should you care to view. http://flyoverfeedback.blogspot.com

By the way, jut to be clear, I believe DADT should remain in place.

JP

Amen J.P

I wrote a letter to the editor a year ago which was posted in newsprint and the on-line version. The on-line version allowed comments. They were some of the most vile responses calling me all kinds of names.

Here is the editorial...

This is in reference to Lee Barnes “Get rid of ‘Don’t ask, don’t tell” on 7 February. Why is it that individuals with “no dog in the fight” are pushing their unpopular agendas on a military that does not want it?

Mr. Barnes maybe you don’t feel this is wrong, but others do. Try spending 18 months in the desert living with eleven others in a tent and showering in a twenty man open bay shower. I’m sorry Mr. Barnes, but if anyone under me showed up to work wearing eyeliner, a violation of the uniform code of military justice, he would be reprimanded severely.

As for your comment “I have never heard of a gay man making a pass at a straight man in the shower” just last week it was announced Eric Messa (D-NY) is resigning due to sexual misconduct with a male staff member. Comments from Messa’s own shipmates during his time in the Navy include: “Junior officers were troubled by the fact that Massa used their shower – even though it was four decks below his stateroom where he had showering facilities with the other senior officers” and during his Navy career, officials state “Eric Massa allegedly touched at least two men inappropriately and exhibited a pattern of putting himself in situations where he could see men naked – particularly younger and lower-ranking men”. Also, a (straight) lieutenant under Messa’s command told officers on the ship “that while assigned to the same room, Massa came up behind me and started massaging my neck and shoulders and later, while I was in bed, I was awakened by Massa’s hands in his shorts”. So tell me again that gays don’t try to pick up straight men or enjoy the showers.

The most recent poll of military personnel of all ranks and branches was released last week. The data showed that within all of the military 56% strongly disapproved of gays in the military, with another 19% disapproving. Within the Marine Corps, a full 64% strongly disapproved.

It costs the government a minimum of $150,000 to train an individual in their assigned career field. It could also take up to twelve years to become fully qualified within that field. The survey also indicated up to 22% of the military would leave the service after their current enlistment, if this was passed.

The highest number of those surveyed willing to leave, had between ten and fourteen years of service. Is it right for a minority of civilians to decimate the best military in the world to push for their own selfish agendas?

It never ceases to amaze me how vile the left can be when you don't agree with them. Today is a very special day for me, on December 7th, 1963 I graduated from USAF pilot training at Williams AFB, AZ. Two of my classmates were Kenji Kawamoto and Art Kono. Is this a great country or what?

My latest post "Elections Matter. We Won, You Lost."

http://tinyurl.com/24au4ln