Operation Fact Sheet

pwylie

I found these while going through my brothers estate. Lost him to cancer not long ago. He was a WO2 Huey pilot for 18 months starting in '68. Do any on you Operation Fact Sheet boys recognize these as leaflets? The first attactment is the front and back, while the other two are the front only. Thanks for your help.

Pat

Sorry about your brother pwylie. Was a brave man to be a Huey pilot in Nam. The last leaflet is similar to a CHIEU HOI pass used to get the VC to come over to our side, but is most probably a warning to mothers with children to be aware of the agent orange that is going to be sprayed in their area and if the kids are sprayed to bring this free pass and get help. The first leaflet would appear to tell the VC we are going to spray your jungle with agent orange and when the leaves fall we can see you and will send much death from above to make you die VC. That's just my take on it. Bill . P.S. How's Summerville these days. Lived there in the mid 70's as FE on 141's in the 20th MAS at Charlietown.

• 3 weeks later...

Pat

These are very similar to leaflets I dropped from C47d out of Danang when I was flying with 9 SOS in 70 71.We were called the Bullshit bombers.

What do you hear about 37 reunion? Im making my summer plans soon.Contact me via AOL.Tim Egan aka bones

• 2 months later...

Those are probably leaflets that were dropped in South Vietnam. A lot of different organizations dropped leaflets. FACT SHEET was specific to North Vietnam. It started in April, 1965 and was taken over by the C-130E-Is after they arrived at CCK in order to give them time in North Vietnamese airspace.

• 7 months later...

Fellow Herks,

It's been a long time, but my experience with leaflets is as follows. In 1967 I was a Prop repairmen in Naha, and after some time I was sent to Ubon RTAFB in early 1968 to replace another Airman in support of the 'Blind Bat' flare planes. It was a chance to get some 'Air' time. I flew on every plane that would let me join as an extra crewman. I repaired the planes during the day and flew every night I could. it was exciting for a 21 year old. One plane came through to drop leaflets. My time with that plane was very brief but I did save a couple of leaflets. I'll try to attach them. They are also posted on My photos.

Ron