FUEL LOAD C-130E

thunderturk

T.O. don't give any time limit for max fuel load and should be good until the outside temp goes up (I won't be stand under the wings for any stratch of time if I was you). the T.O. does state if the acft is not flying immeditily (sp.) the tanks should not be max out and give the buffer limits for each.

Cheers

Owen

IF WE GET FULL FUEL (63000 LB) AIRCRAFT HOW LONG CAN IT BE STAND THAT FUEL LOAD.
\

Theoretically it can stay that way forever, but in the real world as soon as the outside temperature increases the volume in the tanks will also increase (expand) and it wouldn't take too much of a temp rise to start venting fuel; in this day of tree hugging hippys that creates its own nightmare.

Another thing to keep in mind is if it is nice and cold when you refuel to shutoff, you can exceed the weight capacity of the tank long before you exceed the volume capacity.

\

Theoretically it can stay that way forever,

Theoretically being the key word. Till you start blowing sealant out of the tanks...

One of the dumbest inspections they used to do on P-3's was Bag out the tanks, and come back the next day to see if there is any leaks. No shit sherlock.. Leaks all over the damn place that wasn't there prior to the dumbass bagging the tank and walking away for the night. And it was something that happened on EVERY airplane that was left bagged out overnight. Everyone was sure glad especially Airframes when they did away with that, retarded, serve no purpose but make work for no reason, inspection was done away with.

Whenever i'd check fuel load for a long mission, i.e., over the pond, i'd ask nav for flight hours. Then it was 6k for taxi-takeoff-1st hour, 5k for 2nd hour, and 4k for all remaining hours. Never ran short of gas and always seemed to come out within a few thousand pounds of the flight plan fuel load, and never busted minimum fuel. Just a double check of fuel loads using the EWAG method.