36. Parkinson's Disease

37. Porphyria Cutanea Tarda

38. Proliferating (systemic) Angiendotheliomatosis

39. Prostate Cancer

40. Respiratory Cancer

41. Rhabdomyosarcoma

42. Synovial Sarcoma

43. Type II Diabetes

I've been diognosed with Ichemic Hart Disease and I have a claim in with the VA but I have a big problem I don't have any paper work showing I was in Da Nang because we flew in and out back to our TDY location to prep for the next day mission 12 hr./7 we didn't fly every day but we did go in. could any body give me some other ideas or where to go for answers?

thanks, RPG

See if you can find a old APR that stated you were thereor a travel voucher showing you were there. If you recevied a medal while you were there other than the VSM. If you know some one that knew you were there he can sign a statment saying you were therw

Hey RPG, one of the things I used to establish time in Viet Nam were cpies of my 1969 and 1970 W-2's. The W-2 showed total income and then taxable income. The other suggestions from some of the other replies are good also but some of us didn't get to keep copies of TDY orders. I turned those in to receive my TDY pay and it triggered the Combat Duty Pay, Hazardous duty Pay and also the tax exemption for the month.

Hope you can come up with something that will help you out. Good Luck.

Wil

• 2 weeks later...

Some years ago, I received 30% from the VA following 2x bypass surgery two years after my retirement date. They deemed it "service connected" retroactively. Seeing this thread, I re-applied but the response I got was that the previous 30% award would stand unless I could show that the disease has worsened. Since it hasn't, I just dropped the whole thing. But, a couple years ago I put in for that combat related pay, and they turned it down for the heart disease but did give me an award for the 10% VA Tinitus. Go figure. Said heart disease didn't fit into the combat related disability. Now I am thinking, with the VA declaring heart disease connected to Agent Orange, if I should re-apply to the AF for the CRSP. Almost ashamed to do it since I am healthy as a fat hog. Anybody have any inputs? By the way, for the past 12 years my sole medical provider has been the VA and they have been simply outstanding. Since I am here, anybody want to look at my blog go to http://flyoverfeedback.blogspot.com Pretty conservative.

Just curious, what does a 60% disability get you? I recently applied for a hearing loss consideration with the VA and have been hearing terms like 0% disability, 10% disability, etc. What does this mean? I would just like them to pay for hearing aids, not sure what disability if any I'll get. I recently had my hearing evaluation done at the VA Hospital in West Palm Beach, FL, and was pretty impressed by the facility and the testing that I got there. They told me it would probably be a few more months before I hear from them. After I got signed up at the VA, they called me and asked if I would like to have my Agent Orange screening scheduled. I told them I'd get back to them. Not sure what I should do about that either. But I was impressed that they got back to me.

In my case the AO screening was nothing more than a good physical. They did no special tests to determine any dioxin levels. Those tests are difficult to do since they would not only have to do special blood tests but actual fatty tissue biopsies as well. I have plenty of fatty tissue but I don't want to have any chunks gouged out.

They got plenty of blood from me too. But when they went over the results with me I specifically asked about dioxin and the doctor told me those kinds of tests were not done.

As I said it was nothing more than a good physical exam in my case. YEMV.

60% gets you a lot. The magic percentage for a lot of VA benefits is 50%. Your best source of information about VA benefits, disability ratings, etc is the VA itself. They keep making findings about Agent Orange all the time. By all means go to the screening and get on the rolls. Then, if you should later develop any of the AO connected diseases, you would be eligible for VA treatment.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Pat, how you doing? I was evaluated by the VA for heaing problems. They determined I had some hearing loss attributesd to the Military, however it wasn't bad so they gave me a 0% award. They did however determine I had Tinnitus and awarded me 10% for that. I would think if you need hearing aids then you probably qualify for more than a 0% raing. Good luck with your checkups.

Wil

I made a mistake when i said you would get 60% for ichemic heart disease. I should said the avreage you could ger was 60% I received the results of my claim from the VA and it was 30%. I was receiving 80% and the 30% didn't increase my pay.

• 2 weeks later...

Dick McCarty here...I had the same problem when I filed for IHD. The VA said I couldn't prove my claim that I had been stationed in country. Hell...who thinks about keeping copies of TDY/Rote orders...not me at the time. I was told each admin officer submits a daily log of events. Duty rosters, flight information, squadron assignments and such. Supposedly, the National Archives in Washington, D.C. keeps all these. I haven't requested information from this source yet. The records I got from St. Louis repository were a joke and they didn't have anything on my military health records. If I could just find out Delarosa's or Colli's email address. Del was the acting 1st Sgt at Cam Rahn Bay detachment. He used to let me bunk in his air conditioned barracks as opposed to those sweat house chicken coop barracks. Does anyone know how to get hold of Sgts Delarosa or Mario Colli? Better yet...does anyone have a copy of those TDY orders with my name on it? That'd be super if you did! Oh yeah...here's a book that I use when filing with the VA: The Veteran's Survival Guide - How to File and Collect on VA Claims, by John D. Roche. Amazon has them in paperback form. Its jam-packed with information on what the VA's tactics are to deny claims

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I just sent off for my military personnel records asking them for all of my DD214's, APR's and Vietnam travel vouchers. I received all that I requested. 15 DD214's, all of my APR's from 1958 till 1977 and my Vietnam travel vouchers. There have been many of you trying to prove that you were in Vietnam. The travel vouchers will prove that you were there. I was very surprised that I received the travel vouchers. When you send for the records it may take six to eight weeks. When you do send for them tell them what information you want.

They will need: Your full name, date of birth, where you were born, Social Security Number, Air Force serial number, and where you were born, and the date and times you were in the service.

This is the address you will need to use: National Personnel Records Center

1 Archives Drive

St. Louis, MO 63138-1002

Charles,

There is a loadmaster who has a post in the current VFW "claims " section that is looking for a way to prove his Viet Nam boots on the ground as he has Ichemic heart disease and diabetes. I gave him directions to this forum, but don't know if he has been here. I will send the link to this thread to him with your success.

I got all of my records from St. Louis, but there were no travel vouchers included. Did you have to ask for them specifically?

I might have to try again,

Thanks,

Ken

fortunately, my DD214 shows that I was in Viet Nam and I have been given a category 6 and it includes the Agent Orange part!!

Edited by Mt.crewchief

My proof was some 781 flight forms that I kept. They showed that I landed and departed some air bases in Vietnam and the A/C sighed them, that was for my HD pay for the month. Sure glad I kept them because just the Blanket Orders were not Proof of boot on the ground.

I am receiving 100% Disability for Non-Hoskins Lyphome due to agent orange exposer.