Ichemic Heart Disease

cfisher

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, here's the next chapter..........I took my pile of BS to the local Vet's rep. Started to tell him what I had, and he started rattlin' off stuff like he had already seen it. Seems he is quite familiar with the run-around the People's Republick of Maryland gives her vets. Believe me, guys, if you ever decide you wanna move from where you are now, DON"T even consider this damn state. I wish I was in the position to leave it. Anyway, it seems that the pattern is for their "staff' to sit with their thumb up their ass for up to a year, and then say they have done all they can and ship the entire process off to Kentucky. So he proceeds to help me get some forms filled out, even some I had done a year ago, that apparently got lost in Baltimore. So now, it's wait and wait again. This guy is on top of things and everybody I know who has dealt with him has nothin' but good words for him. He is a Iraq vet, by the way. From what he saw, there is absolutely nothing else they can possibly ask for that they don't have. Now it's up to these pencil pushers to schedule my exams and so on. and i hope to hell those "workers" in Baltimore break a damn finger nail!!!!!!! What really pisses me off is knowin' that guys in much., much worse situations than mine are gettin' the same damn treatment...........

Giz

But, damn, if I had never worked a day in my life, or had never worn a uniform,or had fifteen kids by fifteen mothers, or was a crack head or other 'substance dependent", or an illegal alien, here in Maryland, I would have to have two mailboxes just to handle my checks...................... But, ya know, in reality, I bet not one of us, back in the day, would ever have even thought about all this...........All you young troops get your shit together, keep it in one sack, and know where it is........But I fret for you guys 'cause it seems like congress, etc, is headed in a direction to cut out all kinds of stuff for you guys. And amongst all the bureaucratic bull shit that they throw at us, it seems like the majority of us still are proud of who we are, and what we did. How can anybody ignore that????

Giz

You go Giz but do me a favor just doint give up Id hate to get mad at you

Man, I would not want that!!!!!!!!!!!! "specially since we will probably meet up again in Hampton. And consider this .. would you expect a half Irish-half German West Virginia born and raised, former loady, former firefighter, and just plain nutty person to give up easily???? Hell NO!!! And I am gonna do all I can to help others in similar circumstances, just like it happens so much on this site. It has now become the principal of the thing for me!!!!

load clear

Giz

Oh yeah, somethin' my Vet Rep told me, and I wanted to pass it on to the rest of you.he tells me that once you are receiving any kind of disability, in any amount, your spouse then is entitled, at your death, to a pension payment. It is, apparently, based on what you were receiving, but actually increases somewhat for her. The one big thing to do is make sure your death certificate lists, now of course truthfully, that you died, at least in part, as a result of your service related malady. I had not heard that before. Makes me wonder then if the VA didn't rob my mother of some benefits after my Dad died, although I do not know if he had established any service related connection to his COPD and Hodgkins disease. he was, though, bein' treated by VA. I don't know if WWII and Korea vets have anything like the AO causation to fall back on. But, for the rest of you, pass this little tidbit on, just in case. Rog???

Giz

But, damn, if I had never worked a day in my life, or had never worn a uniform,or had fifteen kids by fifteen mothers, or was a crack head or other 'substance dependent", or an illegal alien, here in Maryland, I would have to have two mailboxes just to handle my checks...................... But, ya know, in reality, I bet not one of us, back in the day, would ever have even thought about all this...........All you young troops get your shit together, keep it in one sack, and know where it is........But I fret for you guys 'cause it seems like congress, etc, is headed in a direction to cut out all kinds of stuff for you guys. And amongst all the bureaucratic bull shit that they throw at us, it seems like the majority of us still are proud of who we are, and what we did. How can anybody ignore that????

Giz

Cut vet benefits and vote themselves a raise every 2 or 3 years.

Cut vet benefits and vote themselves a raise every 2 or 3 years.

Yes, very true, but the sad thing is these slimeballs, for the most part, get re-elected time after time, because, while they may bitch and moan and groan, the average American does NOT vote, or will not vote them out. Here in Maryland, and in my congressional district in particular, we have two of the most useless ineffective senators, and our representative, and they probably will get re-elected again..........even the primary had choices this time, and the incumbents won out. But those who actually did something to keep this country safe are only remembered with lip service at election time.....makes no sense to me

That is because no one understands what a vet has done for them. It is easy to stand up and cheer and say thank you to vets, but the real only way to say thank you is to VOTE these pos's out of office and get someone in who will make a difference and not play the game! Don't get me started!

Dallas

I also find that most "thank you's" ring hollow, especially those that come twice or so per year, (Memorial Day or Veterans Day) like from a newspaper or public radio; nothing but politically correct lip service. One thing that I've noticed recently, though, is the willingness of the Vietnam Vet to acknowledge his service, in public. I have see many, many hats, vests, jackets, lapel pins, etc. with something like "Vietnam Vet" or "Vietnam Vet and Proud of It" worn proudly: FINALLY! When ever I see one of us with that I like to ask him where he served and give him a "Welcome Home", and I never fail to mention that I served on a C-130!! Some of you out there may think that that is simply lip service also, but I don't think so; I think it's necessary for us to acknowledge each others service in order to be recognized by the public. If I'm correct there is something like only 1% of us who have made the sacrifice of military service and because of that everything that comes our way is because we fought for it!! One way or another. Geez, guy's, I didn't mean to go off on a rant like that!!!!

Anyway, Giz, keep on keeping on and you'll come out OK in the end....Chris

I also find that most "thank you's" ring hollow, especially those that come twice or so per year, (Memorial Day or Veterans Day) like from a newspaper or public radio; nothing but politically correct lip service. One thing that I've noticed recently, though, is the willingness of the Vietnam Vet to acknowledge his service, in public. I have see many, many hats, vests, jackets, lapel pins, etc. with something like "Vietnam Vet" or "Vietnam Vet and Proud of It" worn proudly: FINALLY! When ever I see one of us with that I like to ask him where he served and give him a "Welcome Home", and I never fail to mention that I served on a C-130!! Some of you out there may think that that is simply lip service also, but I don't think so; I think it's necessary for us to acknowledge each others service in order to be recognized by the public. If I'm correct there is something like only 1% of us who have made the sacrifice of military service and because of that everything that comes our way is because we fought for it!! One way or another. Geez, guy's, I didn't mean to go off on a rant like that!!!!

Anyway, Giz, keep on keeping on and you'll come out OK in the end....Chris

Reckon this is why we call each other 'brother."

I'm with you Chris. I too have noticed more and more public acknowledgements of viet nam vereran service. Primarily displayed as stickers on the back of cars/pickups. Its actually good to see that Nam vets are starting to feel more confident about displaying their service and pride more openly than in years past. There are still some things that get me from zero to pissed though. The other night, my wife was watching some program like 20/20 or something when Hanoi JANE FONDA was introduced as a guest. I yelled a few choice words at the TV and stormed out of the room, and ranted to myself for 20 minutes.

get er done Giz.....I'm on my 4th SF 180 for travel vouchers, and APR's. Can't be said that us AF Types aren't persistant when we're pissed (or at least mildly perturbed)......

Keep trying Sparks..... I got my dad to finally fill out his SF180 they sent every bit of his records from when he entered till the time he retired. They said he needed orders or travel vouchers to send in the corresponding number off his records and they would send more of the travel vouchers orders or any corresponding records. So we will see what happens in the next few weeks.

• 7 months later...

i applied for disability due to heart stints and I used pictures of me in Vietnam in front of the base sign at Tuyhoa. I also submited a re-enlistment picture taken by the base photo detachment with stamp on the back with date and location. I am still waiting for results. If you have somethings like this you can submit them along with what ever else you have. glenn

• 3 years later...

Found out a couple of weeks ago that most TDY's were listed on Blanket Orders.  That's probably the reason you never had a copy to show your flights into South Vietnam.  If you contact AFHRA at Maxwell AFB and get in touch with

[email protected]    Give him the info on your  Station (ex: 464 TCW, 779th TCS, Pope) and the dates you were in Vietnam he may be able to help.  They have info of what your outfit did.  Anyway it will not hurt. I got info about Operation 16 Buck from 1965 1966 in support of PACAF.

Gus

• 2 years later...