Smyrna Air Force Base

LWysockiMS

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a reunion on Sept. 14th, 2013 in Smyrna next to the base. This includes all 314TCW personnel along with 61,62,50 and 18 TCS from 1960 to base closing.

The link is posted in this Form under announcements, 314TCW Reunion. This link also has a neat blog containing info from a lot of the old troops.

Jim

• 1 month later...

I was there from 63 to 66 cc for B model 61 0958 spent many good and bad times there. Many TDYs left there for Tachi Jan 1966. Remember when A1st class Back died when forward carg door came of in flight, Sgt Galagos hung on to a chain to save his life Trajic but still a memory. Back bump me at the last minute lucky I Guess. Bless Him. Also Sgt James Carmen met him in Vietnam When his shot up plane landed at CRB

• 8 years later...
On 2/5/2011 at 9:09 PM, EClark said:

I was there March 1966 to Jan30 1969 I was in the 61st TAS crewchief on C-130E's had alot of fun as we went all over the world.

I'm trying to find anyone stationed there with John Wallace. He was a flight mechanic on C-130s. I know he was there from 1966-1969.