Qatar Emiri Air Force (QEAF) thread

Jansen

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made the trip to Wethersfield for Flintlock 1980. If I remember right Randy Livingston was the engineer. My crew had the honor of going for a hike in the Black Forest for several days as part of the E&E exercise.

Randy was with Koski when 6581 crashed at Ramstein in 1981. Lost Frank Porritt and Keith Kessock on that one as well.

Can do. Back to my original question, once again:

Lockheed#, (FY?)Qatar tail#, Qatar nose code

5662 (08-0)211 (A7-)MAH now flies and

5663 (08-0)212 (A7-)MAI,

5668 (08-0)213 (A7-)MAJ, and

5669 (08-0)214 (A7-)MAK will follow in due time. The bits between brackets are still to be confirmed. Can anyone please look into the 211/214 numbers and see if they are indeed the last three of a FY serial? All Qatar Emeri Air Force aircraft, except the two C-17A, follow the same tail number (or serial system if you wish): QA followed by just two numbers. Ok, the the two Globemasters have just MAA and MAB on the nose and tail (omitting the A7- from their civil registration as well) but do carry 080201 (for FY 08-0201) on the nose (as for MAA). Any help is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice photo -- too bad it has that extremely annoying watermark splashed across it. Really ruins a great photo.

Don R.

Keeps people from using the photos illegally. Airliners has a very strict copyright rules. They actively look for violators and have been known to have websites shutdown from using their(and the photographers who submit the photos) photos. A simple email to the photographer with a request for any photo should net you an "unmarked" (at least visually, most likely will have an invisible watermark) photo for private use.

Keeps people from using the photos illegally. Airliners has a very strict copyright rules. They actively look for violators and have been known to have websites shutdown from using their(and the photographers who submit the photos) photos. A simple email to the photographer with a request for any photo should net you an "unmarked" (at least visually, most likely will have an invisible watermark) photo for private use.

I realize the reason for the watermarks -- I'm just too freekin' lazy to request an unmarked photo from the photographer. I also have some unmarked photos posted on A.net that are being used on other web sites (ASN, AirDisaster.com) and, personally, I think their use is a compliment to my photos. Of course, I'm not a professional potographer either.

Sorry, Mich -- looks like I've successfully hijacked your thread again.

Don R.

Edited by DC10FE
spelling, of course!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

and an obscure fact to add to your databank of useless information.

LM trained the Qatari loadmasters at Dobbins on a C-130A (N121TG, ex-USAF 56-0511) leased from International Air Response of Mesa, AZ. Just goes to show a Herk is a Herk is a Herk........at least as far as the loadmasters are concerned.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2416[/ATTACH]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...