elevator booster

daniel

during overhaul elevator booster we found play between bellcrank and assy . We found no limitations in our documentation . We found the reason of the play : to lock the bellcrank on the shaft , you must install a taper pin through crank and shaft , but on a new shaft the holes aren't drilled . The problem is that even in the overhaul documentation you don't find the dimensions to do it ! In our case the hole was the cause of the play , but is this permittable or not and where can you find these limitations ?

TO 9H2-4-44-23 is the one we use : it says you got to drill the hole , but not the dimensions !

The P/N of the elevator booster is 374461-5 and the shaft 363497-1 .

We've looked allso in LIBVIEW , but there we didn't find either dimensions !

It's even a bit funny , because in libview you find the complete dimensions to drill the hole for the sector assy on the same shaft , and here you can't make any mistakes !

thanks for your help

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your aid , but the problem wasn't the dimensions of the taper pin hole , but where to put it on the shaft .

Now I've found the correct distance in libview by starting at the bellcrank , but I've still haven't found limitations and so I don't know if the play is permissable !

Thanks for your help .