CCK Tail Numbers

ronsram

Welcome to the site. I'm sure many on this site most likely knew your dad. What was his name?

William R. "Bill" Moore, I believe he was a Major at the time he was at CCK, was later promoted to Lt. Col. before he retired from Forbes AFB, KS

Ron,

I was in the 776 TAS from March 67 to July 69. I remember some numbers, hopefully my memory won't fail me. 62-1792, 64-0515

I am also looking for some fellow airmen

Doyle Frazer

Bob Saley

&&& Warren, his first name escapes me

Adley Esin formerly from PA

Ray Rayan

• 10 months later...
  • 7 years later...

I was in the 314th doppler shop and worked on all the C-130E's but do not remember any of the numbers. We even worked on the ones with the trailer and all the antenae but we would have to wait until the trailer was removed before we could go on board.  I flew on one to Okinawa, transferred to a C-130A which took me TDY to Vietnam.    I returned to CCK on one of our E models.    Wish I could be more help.  I left CCK in 68 and was assigned to 100 Strat Recon at Davis Monthan.  We had the DC-130s,  both A and E models.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I was stationed at Dyess AFB at Abilene TX and worked in the 516 FMS Nav shop. Seems like 777 was in the 346 squadron at Dyess and when they moved to CCK it was one of the birds that went. I was TDY at Tachi and went to CCK with them for a month or so...A lot of water under the old bridge since then....

• 1 month later...

After about the middle of April, 1972, the tail numbers and squadrons had very little meaning. So many planes were disabled or lost, and so many crew members killed or injured in the Easter Offensive of 72, that the crews which had  DEROSed back to the world were TDYed back in to Ton Son Nhut as replacements. They brought replacement aircraft from stateside bases to replace the ones lost of disabled.   Nobody knew what squadrons the replacement crews were assigned to, if any. The crews TDY from stateside were kept together and assigned missions like everybody else. All the crews were TDY from somewhere. I was duty Loadmaster for the 834th for a couple months and flew as replacement LM with crews I had never seen before. 

• 1 year later...