Jacking question need answer ASAP please!

spookychief

Does anyone know where i can find the written procedure for jacking. we have a new Capt. that would like to know what kinds of surface you can jack on (concrete, asphalt,"temporary metal matting" (i know thats a def NO), the maximum slope angle (as i understand it, it needs to be a flat solid surface.) If anyone can provide any assistance in this it would be helpful. We've looked in the job guide, the 91-100, 21-101, 1c-130A-3...nothing

If the surface the acft. is parked on is unstable or soft is there more suitable pavement within reasonable towing distance? If not, consider placing shoring beneath each of the jack pads. Would ensure the bird has minimal fuel. In other words don't jack at max. jacking weight. As Plaprad posted follow instructions in the 00GE. I've succesfully jacked herks on asphalt, with and without shoring, psp, aluminum planking, and dirt. If the surface is anything but optimial recommend shoring, assuming the 00GE doesn't specificily prohibit it.

Spookychief, I know my first post was not any help, and perhaps my second too. But hopefully it will make you smile a bit. Know this is a stressfull time for you and your crew. Hopefully the 00GE provides the guidance you are looking for. If not, use good judgement based on your experience. And if you are not comfortable with how it's going just stop.

Respectfully ask the Cpt. to go to the club and if you need him you'll call.

HAHA! Everyone got a kick outta that. Thanks for all the suggestions. We are actually downrange at the moment. The reason I asked is because that Capt. is new just got over and wanted some written proof about where and why or why we cant jack. We all, including our supervision agree wholeheartedly with your suggestion for him. We'll take these suggestions and see what we can do...or just jack like everyone else on the ramp...you know the normal way. Thanks again!

• 3 months later...

I would never full jack on asphalt first of all next the slope max if I remember right is 2.5 %. If unsure about the surface you can always put steel plate larger than the jack pads under them to make the footprint larger. The slope and field condition was in the 1C-130A-2-3CL-1(I think).

Currently nothing in the books to prevent jacking for any reason!

• 2 weeks later...