Nose Art Reference

jackjack

I'm not 100%, but I think the current rules state that it can't be gender specific, clean language and it has to be approved. I'm not sure who the approving agency is.

That being said, our guys were told a few years back that it's totally 100%, NOT ALLOWED. I'm not sure if that's a local rule or from a command.

I'm not 100%, but I think the current rules state that it can't be gender specific, clean language and it has to be approved. I'm not sure who the approving agency is.

That being said, our guys were told a few years back that it's totally 100%, NOT ALLOWED. I'm not sure if that's a local rule or from a command.

yeah, im trying to make sure everything that i would like to do is legit, but as you stated, the gender thing might be an issue. thanks for the info.

About five years ago when I was in, the rules were it had to be a specific aircraft (Wing Commanders, Group Commanders, Special purpose, ect.) and it had to go through the Group or Wing commander. Also, once it goes through depot they'll strip it off and you'd have to re do it if you could get permission again. We only had three at Dyess with nose art, Group Commanders and two Squadron Commanders. We had a couple more through the years, but they didn't last very long.

G'day Guys,

Really not to sure of the approval process, really the boy's just started doing it with chinograph (not paninted). This means they tend to change from time to time. I have attached some pictures of some of the nose art on the aircraft.

Also here is a link from YouTube.

AJ