Carrier Speed

snowyday

Gus Edwards, Mechanic’s Mate, is one of the Navy’s most seasoned tale spinners. One day he was sitting with a group of English tars, discussing the relative merits of British and American ships.

“I’m curious about your carriers,†one English tar said, How fast are they?â€

Old Gus looked at him and replied, “To tell you the truth, I don’t know. We’ve never really opened them up. All they’ve been required to do so far is to keep up with the planes.â€

snowyday

This is along the lines of the posts snowyday has been puttin' up. like his, it is just bizarre enough to maybe be true. This came from my half-brother, career Army......three Nam tours, if i remember right.....

Here goes the company first shirt noticed a private walkin' around picking up pieces of paper, looking at them, muttering something and then throwing them back down. he watched him for several days, finally got close enough to the guy to hear his say, every time he picked up a piece of paper "Damn this ain't it!!!"" They finally send him for mental evaluation, find him mentally incompetent for military service, and give him a section 8 discharge. On his way out the gate, the guard asked for his papers.The discharged soldier opens the envelope they gave him, reads the paper and hollers 'Hot damn THIS is it." '