torque CAL issues

DanGothe

Hello,

has anyone ever experienced not being able to cal the Torque gauge at LSGI? the issue is with a 78 model -15 we have a gauge that reads 1000 Lbs higher at LSGI then the others.I know normal is around 700 but we are 1000 Lbs higher but here is the strange thing FF/RPM/TIT are all normal.We have changed the gauge with a known new one and also changed the pick up with a known new one that was resistance checked prior to installing it and the shimming was also checked as good.We even changed the valve housing thinking it wasn't holding. Any suggestions

Have you looked at the FI? It basically has you looking at wiring. If it's not wiring, the problem might be that the engine overtorqued so much that it permenantly twisted the torque shaft, or maybe the torque shaft was manufactured improperly. I've never seen this problem before personally, so I'm just shooting in the dark.

The wire pairs for the reference and torque signals are shielded, and grounded on the torq

indicator. A break between the shield and wire can cause a misread. Had the same thing

late last year. We had disconnected the tm pickup cannon plug, and the Misc2 (?) cp and

had a 20MOhm reading to ground on pin A of the tm cp, where it should have been open

circuit. Hope this helps .......