Bin Laden dead

Fräulein

One of the Epic press failures of the night... A FDNY widow from 9/11 was being interviewed on ABC. She was asked how she heard the news, her response? "I heard it on Fox"...

It is a big news story. Currently as of this posting the top headline on ESPN is about bin Laden's death.

The White House added several photos to the FLCKER stream today. They show images of the president and his staff during that operation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitehouse/

This one has to be the most intense. P050111PS-0210

Because there are individuals in there who know exactly what is going on. And then there are those who have not seen warfare up close.

I heard a fixed wing aircraft was used for the disposal at sea.. I hope it was a HERK..

Considering the "funeral" was conducted aboard the USS Carl Vinson, I doubt a Herk was in anyones mind, and the deed was done from a C-2.

Seems the Navy is getting all the press on this one...

Like the motto goes... Fly NAVY, land Air Farce...

Sadly, even with that demon gone, not much is going to change. There are still way too many fanatical Muslim radicals out there willing to kill innocent people, including children, to further their cause -- whatever the hell that cause is.

Still, though, good job Navy SEALS!!!!

Don R.

Edited by DC10FE
spelling, of course!

Unfortunately Dutch's picture is a fake that has been circulating around the Internet the past few years. However, check out this blurb from the LA Times:

According to Pentagon officials, photos of Bin Laden's dead face do exist but those widely distributed on the Internet are fake. At some point, if only to convince die-hard Bin Laden followers, officials are expected to release a corpse photo, as has been done in the past when famous villains such as Che Guevara and Iraqi President Saddam Hussein were killed or captured. Additionally, such special ops are typically videotaped by mini-helmet cams to document a sensitive mission and assist in debriefing and future training.