New "High Resolution Print" Project

Guest Casey

I got a burned out on working on the C-130 Database project and decided to switch focus to creating a new higher resolution series of prints. I still have quite a bit of detail to add but thought that this would be a good time to look for some feedback. Please let me know what you think.

Link Removed....see update below.....

When the page loads, scroll down, click large, and drag the zoom box on the right around for an up close view.

Looks good, Casey. It's a shame, though, that almost all the military C-130's are going to that extremely boring gray.

Don R.

The good news is, there are plenty of old schemes to replicate. I plan to update all the prints I have done to the new resolution.

Nice job Casey. Drawing these things is good fun isn't it?

I enjoy it but it is very tedious. The biggest challenge with the new prints has been learning new software. I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

• 7 months later...

I have pretty much completed the aircraft artwork for the first of my new high resolution C-130 prints (C-130 4681). Please take a minute to look it over and provide feedback.

I will then make adjustments according and call it complete.

http://www.c-130hercules.net/viewer/C-130H-4681-A1/viewer.html

When the page loads, scroll down, click large, and drag the zoom box on the right around for an up close view.

(Watermark will not appear on the production prints).

OK, ya ready, Casey? Three minor observations.

1. The windshield wipers look like A-model wipers. In the park position, the wiper blades should be paralell with the wiper arm.

2. The APU exhaust looks oval to me. I recollect it being round.

3. No urinal drains?

Don R.

OK, ya ready, Casey? Three minor observations.

1. The windshield wipers look like A-model wipers. In the park position, the wiper blades should be paralell with the wiper arm.

Good call, will fix.

2. The APU exhaust looks oval to me. I recollect it being round.

Although it is not perfectly round, I missed the mark, will fix.

3. No urinal drains?

Will add.

Don R.

One more observation; the 74 H-models had the Rosemount pitot system with 2 pitot tubes on each side.

4681 does not have the Rosemount pitot system.

See image: http://www.c-130hercules.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=8720&c=24

Well, you said you wanted feedback!

Thanks! It is greatly appreciated.

Don R.

I started on the A's in '68 at Naha and they had the old camo scheme with white bottoms used in Vietnam and the black bottoms used for Blind Bat and the Silver used by E-Flight. I'm not particular about the color scheme but out of all the Hercs I worked on I am still partial to the old A-Model. I still think it was the best looking of all the Herc's.