C-130 wheel chocks

Ben Legere

A few years back I read something about how the plastic chocks were not rated for the C-130 for power runs but I can't find it anywhere now. It was some TO that had aircraft parking and mooring and a bunch of other stuff. I tried finding it today but had no success whatsoever... I thought that it was in the 1-1A-17 or 00-25-??? TO but I just can't find it anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the Herc is a beast!!...bouncing ....always ready to get the hell out!"

In Trenton, we had some good runup chocks........but it is things of the past. Use a chock proportional to the wheel size...........and the power of the engines. Keep the nose wheel steering ready!!........and take care of your ground man!

It might be in a book somewhere to not use plastic chocks but I have seen brakes fail on max power runs and flatten home made steel max power run chocks that they required us to use when I was stationed at LR and they were flatter than a pancake so just make sure you brake pedals are BOTH set!

these chocks were no standard made chock they were thick steel plates and we had a special cart yfor them which was stupid anyway as mentioned if you jump chocks at power I hope you have your hands on the throttles!

In Trenton during the 1980's we had a bird that jumped chocks during engine run up and crashed into another herk. The investigation revealed that the brakes were not functioning because the auxiliary hydraulic system wasn't activated before the run up.