Info needed on JC-130 mod

smoedog

We have aircraft 61-2358 that we are troubleshooting a door problem. It had been modded with dual door actuators. After some diggin we discovered this aircraft was modded to a jc-130.

Does anyone know who I can get in touch with to get some hydraulic schematics for this mod or a parts breakdown to confirm that part numbers for some flow restrictors that are currently installed.

We have been going off of the MC-130 breakdowns but the pipping doesn't match what is actually in the aircraft.

Unless I am misreading Lars' "little green book" this aircraft was the first E model. It was to JC-130E in March of 63 and back to C-130E in June of 72. The JC designation indicates special test, temporary and in this case I believe it was modded for E model testing, not as the satellite recovery birds usually associated with the JC designation.

You might have to find a T.O. for that particular aricraft. 7896 had it's own wiring diagram after a flight deck fire. You might also have to get some engineering assistance from AFETS. You might also go down the road to Blue. I know they have some pretty good hydro guys that have experience with that aircraft.

Ya this was a blue tail that we got custody of and I have been working with good ol legere who I went to tech school with. I just got thrown on this problem in the middle of the tiger team. The problem is in flight when they goto the ADS position they won't get a light in the flight deck. Loads noticed they weren't getting the flag on the right side uplock. We can't reproduce it on the ground. We got everything rigged but the. We weren't getting our 108.5 in clearence between the door and ramp. They pulled the door and the bushings in he hinges were good but they found that the left stub on the door that goes into the uplock was bent slightly. That was repaired and now we are waiting on at to rig eveything again.

Reason I'm trying to find the IPB or schematic is production seems to think we have a bad flow restrictor even though I have argued till I'm blue in he face that it is working fine.

We'll see what happens after it is rigged again