167th crash memorial item

gizzard

I was at my local Vietnam Veterans of America chapter house today, and a guy brought in a drawing of a C-130, with WV ANG markings on it, and had listed the names of the crew members lost in the crash of the Martinsburg bird in '92. Could not believe it was that long ago. I was takin' flying lessons at the time, and one of the Cessnas I flew belonged to the father of the copilot who was lost in that crash, if my memory serves me right. That crashed occurred about forty miles or less from where I live. Quite a tragedy....

Giz

I have another of these drawings displayed proudly in my office in memory of the two flight engineers that had previously served in The 130th > Both were super men and left behind a slew of friends. Still kinda hurts as george and I were personal friends. RZ Hill

We just can't let folks like that be forgotten. Every one of us, at one time or other, could have been lost as well. No matter the circumstances, a loss of a crew and a great airplane is always a tragedy.

The picture will be hung in our meeting room.

Giz