Idaho ANG MC-130E?

polcat

We just delivered 63-7848 to AMARG. Afterwards, we received a pretty cool tour of the boneyard. There is what appears to be a MC-130E with Idaho ANG markings on it. Does anyone have any info? Sorry, no tail number.

polcat, Did you happen to see 62-1804 while you were there?? She was delivered not too long ago from Little Rock and I always wonder if that is her final resting place.

ken

Found it. The ANG was proposing to convert the 4 MC-130E's into RC-130E's and make them dedicated aircraft for carrying Senior Scout and Senior Hunter capsules and other roll off, roll on Intellegence, Surveillance and Reconnaisance (ISR) mission capsules. Also probably primarily, a jobs replacement plan for the closed 189AS at Boise. They did not get the money so three wemt to AMARG and one on display at Hurbie.

Would've been a good alternative to being BRAC'd other than the high-demand, low-density nature of the Senior Scout mission. Besides, there are other units that take up that mission anyway.

A huge waste of money de-modding from Combat Talon config....rather them set in the desert...at least we can dream of them being reactivated... ;)

• 1 month later...

I was a loadmaster in Boise from the time we received our first E-Models to the time we were closed in 2009. You are exactly right Bob, however the remod was stopped by a 4 star that had flown the airplanes in the past and didn't want to spend the money do the mod on such old airplanes in his opinon. I flew 2 of these airplanes back from Riverside, Ca where they were being kept in flyable storage.

Edited by jmbanks
grammar