62-1787 to the AF Museum

154load

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123268312

I have to say that I am very proud to have flown on this aircraft over the years. I have a ton of good memories of this aircraft at home station and on the road. She is going to her well deserved final resting place at the museum.

We found out about the aircraft's history about 3 years ago. After a few months of work and research, we were able to convice the leadership here that the aircraft was deserving of some nose art. We were able to design and apply that nose art before we gave the airplane to the active duty as we converted to the H model. As of today, the airplane still has the nose art on it. We were then able to take the airplane up to the 2009 Yankee Air Museum Air Show in Ypsilanti, Michigan. The Air Show was themed the "Herc Invasion" I just knew that when we went to crank her up and fly her to the Air Show that something was going to break and we wouldnt make it up there. Most folks on this forum understand that each and every Herc has a personality and 1787 is no exception. She started right up, and we flew her at about 4000 ft all the way from LR to Michigan. She sat proudly next to about 15 other Hercs and was the main attraction. Fond memories of a great airplane!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...