John Wayne Video

ezmoney

Found this on the Hercules Headquarters Board. Hopefully his e-mail is still good. Worth a try!

Sonny

Re: John Wayne

(01/07/04 15:53:14)

I have a copy of it somewhere. I was in it when it was made in 1971 I believe. I was a Loadmaster with the 50th. You can e-mail me with our name, address and phone number and I will see if I can get you a copy made.. Bill Marks [email protected]

Found this on the Hercules Headquarters Board. Hopefully his e-mail is still good. Worth a try!

Sonny

Re: John Wayne

(01/07/04 15:53:14)

I have a copy of it somewhere. I was in it when it was made in 1971 I believe. I was a Loadmaster with the 50th. You can e-mail me with our name, address and phone number and I will see if I can get you a copy made.. Bill Marks [email protected]

Sonny, I tried this but got my mail returned!!

Back to square one!

Ken

I have it on DVD and will make you a copy. The quality is not great but it's what we've got. It was made in 1971 and the project honcho was then L/C Myles J. (Mike) Rorlick. Retired as a Col. and did a second career with Boeing.

I salvaged a 16mm print of the film when we closed up the tac airlift portion of the test division at TAWC and moved back to the reconsituted Airlift Center at Pope in 1975 after we got sucked up into mother MAC.

Lost track of it until I was retired and by the time I got around having it put onto VHS it was fairly well deteriorated. Add another transistion to DVD and it got a bit fuzzier. But, until I can get Mike to get me his clean VHS master to put on DVD, it will have to do.

At any rate, send me an e-mail with your address and I'll burn you a disc after I get back from this trip to YPG. Will be doing airdrops this week for the Army from N121TG, ex-USAF 56-0511. A very nice old A-model with only about 15,000 hours on it.

John Limbach, CMSgt USAF (Retired, than God! It's not only not your father's AF, it's not mine either from what the kids tell me)

LM since 1964 (C-119, C-124, C-123) and C-130 since 1968 and still throwing crap out the back..............and lovin' it. Beats working for a living.

[email protected]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2273[/ATTACH]

Steve, that was a great movie. Filmed at CCK and in country (RVN). I saw it on the web some time ago but could not find it on google. I also wish I had a copy. Are you still flying at Dobbins? I'm in Smyrna just down the road from there.

Muff Millen

C-130E IFE (RET)

Yes I am still flying at Dobbins, going on 27 years I remember watching that video at Sheppard back in 1985

John, Thanks for the kind offer. I have e-mailed you my address!

As a side note, one of my best friends at CCK (Steve Mudge), told me that after he got out of the AF. he was in the Rhode Island ANG.

The planes there at the time (around 1975) were 57-511,57-512,57-513,57-514, & 57-515. His acft was 56-0478.

He said there was a snub nosed one from Michigan #54-1631 & another like it but he can't remember the number!

How many of them are you still flying!!! I know you mentioned 57-512.

Anyway not to mess up this thread,

Thanks again,

Ken

John, Thanks for the kind offer. I have e-mailed you my address!

As a side note, one of my best friends at CCK (Steve Mudge), told me that after he got out of the AF. he was in the Rhode Island ANG.

The planes there at the time (around 1975) were 57-511,57-512,57-513,57-514, & 57-515. His acft was 56-0478.

He said there was a snub nosed one from Michigan #54-1631 & another like it but he can't remember the number!

How many of them are you still flying!!! I know you mentioned 57-512.

Anyway not to mess up this thread,

Thanks again,

Ken

Ken: Yep, we also have 57-0512, now N118TG. Was originally an RC-130A photo mapper and then converted to a trash hauler. It finished up with the RI guard and then went to DM where it was eventually withdrawn by the Forest Service and wound up as an air tanker with International Air Response. This was the airframe we used on the Killer Herc project back in 2002-03 where we airdropped a running UAV which then found a target that we shot with a Hellfire. The videos are posted on this website. www.1370th.org/rc130/512/512.htm It was a kick. Nice to see that the Marines and also the gunship guys have adopted air to ground missiles but it was an aged civil "A" model and even more aged civilian crew that pioneered the concept.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2274[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2275[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2276[/ATTACH]

• 2 weeks later...

John Limbach sent me a copy of the the John Wayne video we have been talking about. I really enjoyed it especially because of the sound of the Herks running in the

background and of some of the landing and take off pics in some of the areas a lot of us have been to. There are some pretty good interviews with some of the guys/crews also. I didn't recognize any of them but that was probably because I was back in the states at the time.

He told me that his offer to make one for whoever asks still stands.

Thanks for sharing John,

Ken

I sure would like ti have a copy My address is Charles Fisher 50595 101st ST Stratford Oklahoma 74872 If you will give me your address i will send you a dvd I got from amazon . com it shows the transport of a elephant from a special campto Chu lai. it also has a lot of other things. The dvd is called C130

operations in Vietnam. I just bought it had to pay $29 for it.

I have here in front of me 3 DVDs that I aquired after the 776th reunion 2 years ago; #1 contains the following clips, Four Horsemen, Lockheed, Spectre, USAF training film 2, and Wings. Disc 2 contains the following clips, "Anything, Anywhere, anytime", Herky Cannonball, The KheSanh Story, The Way it is, and USAF training film 2. Disc 3 contains the following: Story of the Herk, and The Way It Is (John Wayne). These DVDs are in MPG format and will not play on my TV, but play very nicely on my computer useing Windows Media Player. The quality is as expected, but if you have C-130 burned into your heart and soul you need to see these movies. I believe that I have the software to copy them. If you want copies of these movies let me know and I'll get them to you. The fourth disc is from a gentleman by the name of RC Johnson and contains almost 1000 images he took while in SEA. He sent them to me, so I don't think he would object if they were seen by others, however, I must find him and clarify that. my email is [email protected] hope to hear from some of you,,,Chris