Fillet Panel

jknoxville456

jknoxville456,

I believe it is pronounced like "fill-it". "Fill-ey" is a french cooking term while "fill-it" is a mechanical term such as a fillet weld or another name for fairing*.

Sonny

*Fairing also called fillet: an external metal structure fitted around parts of an aircraft, car, vessel, etc, to reduce drag

Edited by Sonny
Looked it up in a dictionary to be sure

Doesn't every panel, regardless of what it is named, help reduce drag? I may be wrong on the pronunciation , just giving my opinion.

Sonny

That is my point. If every panel is a fillet panel, why would only specific ones be referred to as such? The panels aren't called that because of a technical term but because that's what they look like. Same idea as an armpit panel. It's called an armpit panel because it looks like an armpit.

Maybe you need to go to Lockheed and ask them for the correct pronunciation. They named it so they should know how it is pronounced.

That is my point. If every panel is a fillet panel, why would only specific ones be referred to as such? The panels aren't called that because of a technical term but because that's what they look like. Same idea as an armpit panel. It's called an armpit panel because it looks like an armpit.

WOW... SEEMS no one know how to click links??????

What about this statement "form a "fillet" of Sealing Compound" , this is no panel. I think it's French for "filling the gap":D

Interpreting Blueprints 230 defines it as this:

fillet- A rounded internal corner. A fillet adds strength to the corner and is often easier to machine.

personally I like the one about two sides of the fish!!:cool:

WOW... SEEMS no one know how to click links??????[/quote

P3_Super_Bee,

My original post is as follows:

I believe it is pronounced like "fill-it". "Fill-ey" is a french cooking term while "fill-it" is a mechanical term such as a fillet weld or another name for fairing*.

Sonny

*Fairing also called fillet: an external metal structure fitted around parts of an aircraft, car, vessel, etc, to reduce drag

My edit to the original says I looked it up in a dictionary which just happened to be the one you quoted. I stand by "fill-it".

Sonny