Hercules Handbook ?

Rolling-Thunder

I have a copy of a May 2002 Hercules Handbook, which is a training suplement for the C-130 E/H, published by the 367 Training Squadron at Hill AFB. Is that similar to what you found?

Not sure TalonOne, finally broke down and put on my reading glasses, and here is some clearer information;

This publication applies to C-130B, E & H models only. It was published by Lockheed-Georgia Company in Marietta, ( a Division of Lockheed Corp) in 1981.

A quick paragraph on the next page says:

"This C-130 Pocket Handbook is provided as one of the services offered by the Lockheed-Georgia Company Customer Service Organization. It has been prepared in response to many requests by C-130 personnel for a handy, useful informational document. Space limitations here precluded the incorporation of all of the subjects requested, but we have tried to include those most frequently requested."

This 4 1/2" x 6" book has about 100 pages comprised of 27 sections. The cover is a dull yellow, with a picture of USAF C-130 partial # 2364 on it.

Anyway, it is a pretty nice find, and just wanted to know a little bit more about the book.

Gotta have a younger set of eyes for this book to be handy for me....lol Talk about "fine print" lol

I still have a copy of that yellow handbook. Lockheed gave us a bunch when we got our "New" 1981 H models at Dobbins in 1982. They were good for the C-7 guys to thumb thru to get familar with the Herk. There is also a pale blue C-130 E/H handbook dated 1 Apr 1995 which is larger than the yellow book. They both say the handbook is not to be used as tech data and will not be used as such. Lots of good drawings and info. They are good Herk primers for people who were never on them. Bill

Edited by Spectre623

hi guys,

I have the yellow and the blue book.

I prefer the yellow book it's much better than the blue book.

The blue book is missing the left hand side for the access panels.

The diagrams for the cabin pressure isn't as clear either in the blue book.

But then again these books are for quick REFERENCE for sytem operations only and they should NOT be used as technical orders.

I wished Lockheed would spend the time to make a book like the little yellow one.

• 1 month later...

I can go one better, I have a 4 volume set of Lockheed C-130 factory, MX manuals that my ex Southern Air Transport boss gave to me about 20 years ago. Still has the original string around them as they were shipped. I still have my Southern Air Transport MX training manuals from company school. I still also, have a FE's "Whiz Wheel" for figuring T.O/LDG data for the Herk.

I can go one better, I have a 4 volume set of Lockheed C-130 factory, MX manuals that my ex Southern Air Transport boss gave to me about 20 years ago. Still has the original string around them as they were shipped. I still have my Southern Air Transport MX training manuals from company school. I still also, have a FE's "Whiz Wheel" for figuring T.O/LDG data for the Herk.

Jim,

Maybe I can go even one better. I have 8 volumes of the Lockheed Training Manuals for the C-130H, dated May 1978. I also have "Whiz Wheels" for the C-130E & H. Another thing I've kept all these years are my CDC's for the 5 & 7 level FE tests.

Oh, I also have the L-100 Lockheed simulator training syllabus from when I was with Frameair and the D501-D13 engine and Aero Products prop training manuals for the Electra from when I was with Galaxy Airlines. Lots of other crap from other airlines, too.

Maybe I should be featured on the TV show "Hoarders?"

Don R.

Edited by DC10FE

Jim,

Maybe I can go even one better. I have 8 volumes of the Lockheed Training Manuals for the C-130H, dated May 1978. I also have "Whiz Wheels" for the C-130E & H. Another thing I've kept all these years are my CDC's for the 5 & 7 level FE tests.

Oh, I also have the L-100 Lockheed simulator training syllabus from when I was with Frameair and the D501-D13 engine and Aero Products prop training manuals for the Electra from when I was with Galaxy Airlines. Lots of other crap from other airlines, too.

Maybe I should be featured on the TV show "Hoarders?"

Don R.

I use to have a couple full sets of these, but lost them in a divorce and didn't realize it until she packed up everything, or at least most of the stuff, in the house.

• 4 months later...