ANG OSA Herks

bobdaley

Hey Bob your post caused an odd thought to float up to the top, that begs for an answer....several years ago an early H2 model, I think a 79 model, landed at Dobbins. I went out to greet the CC and noticed it didn't have SKE and a few other late model mods. I ask the CC where they were from ( maybe Alabama,don't remember) but he said they flew support for ANG fighter units. Is this what the OSA Herks are used for and what happened to the H that landed at the DARB... did it get sucked into the" I want all the newer H's for the active duty" thing ? It was not an ex rescue/weather bird. Thanks Bill

Those 79 models, 8 of them were the original Jackson MS 183TAS birds, they were repalced by 141's and went to 130AS Charleston WV.

When Charleston got new H's the 8 were scattered about different Guard units hauling trash as OSA Operational Support Aircraft. In 2000, when NV ANG ran a campaign to get rid of their E models, they rounded up the 8 79 models and gave them to the 192AS at Reno.

Bob

Thanks Bob. Nice to know. Funny thing about the 183TAS, we (Dobbins) were on rotation with them on their last Panama Rote and I had consigned a bunch of C-130 stuff from the Lockheed gift shop to take down and sell, well wouldn't you know it they were getting 141's and didn't want no stinkin' C-130 stuff, ha ha . The next group behind us sure wanted that 130 stuff!. It was one of many fun rotes to Panama. Bill :)