John Adams

snowyday

Daniel Webster was one day calling on ex-President John Adams,

who at the time was failing rapidly in health.

As they were talking on topics of the day, a friend came in and asked

the aged man how he was feeling.

“Adams smiled at the man, and replied: “As a matter of fact. I inhabit a weak,

frail, decayed tenement; battered by the winds and broke in upon by the storms,

and from all I can learn, the landlord does not intend to make repairs.

snowyday

Man I can relate to that!

49 chronological age with a body that's 145 years in mileage age - hell I dont even eat breakfast, who can be hungry after taking 16 pills when you get up (and almost that many before I go to sleep).

I firmly blame a co-worker for this, he put the curse on me!!

He told me "your living like you think your going to die by the time your 40, just watch, your going to live to be 90 with a worn out body"

Damned if he wasn't right at least so far, I beat my father, he croaked at 42 from a massive coronary, now I just have to beat my g-father who cacked at 53 from the same thing.

(already had 2 heart attacks so I at least have that 60% death rate behind me LOL)

Man I can relate to that!

49 chronological age with a body that's 145 years in mileage age - hell I dont even eat breakfast, who can be hungry after taking 16 pills when you get up (and almost that many before I go to sleep).

I firmly blame a co-worker for this, he put the curse on me!!

He told me "your living like you think your going to die by the time your 40, just watch, your going to live to be 90 with a worn out body"

Damned if he wasn't right at least so far, I beat my father, he croaked at 42 from a massive coronary, now I just have to be my g-father who cacked at 53 from the same thing.

(already had 2 heart attacks so I at least have that 60% death rate behind me LOL)

Dan, Will you knock that heart attack shit off!!! I come from a background of heart attacks and I am scheduled for a stress echo cardiogram Monday!!

Gettin older is whats happening

Either that or technology is keeping the doctors in business. Actually, after EKG.s, Holter monitors, Cardiac stress tests and a cardiac cath along with my fistful of pills, Im feeling pretty good. Just startin to pay for the sins of my youth is all.

You guys pretty much hit the nail on the head. About the only good thing about getting old is your around to play with your grandkids and at the end of the month you still have a little money in your pocket. BTW, if any of you old troopers need meds., let me know as I probably have something in my pill bag that will help. A couple of additional pill bottles and I won't be able to get that damm bag in the overhead.